Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Damsons.... any suggestions for foraging in Sussex ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm hoping to make some Damson gin and Damson jam, trouble is, all the local pick Your Own's either had a bad harvest due to late frost or just don't do Damsons....... any of NSC's finest know where I can pick up a couple of Kilo's in the wild please ?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
In Lewes, just before you get to the main bridge crossing the ouse on the left hand side just as youre on the way out of town. There were loads a couple of weeks ago, not sure if theres any left now.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
In Lewes, just before you get to the main bridge crossing the ouse on the left hand side just as youre on the way out of town. There were loads a couple of weeks ago, not sure if theres any left now.

Do you mean the bridge over the Ouse just before the Southerham roundabout heading East ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Where do you get your sloes then…… you won’t tell me

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Where do you get your sloes then…… you won’t tell me

Sloes are absolutely no problem to find, quite happy to take you to a local site dripping with them or a spot near Alfriston where you can bag up, both dog friendly if you fancy the trip ?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Do you mean the bridge over the Ouse just before the Southerham roundabout heading East ?

No, the bridge over the Ouse heading East, just before the Tesco roundabout. As I say, there were loads there a couple of weeks ago, they were all splattered on the pavement. Not sure if there's any left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here