Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Damn stupid road hogging BMW 4X4

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
The more I cycle, the less I drive, the more frustated I am becoming with the general politeness of drivers, what is with people that are clearly in the wrong.

Driving in to Lewes this morning along Southover High Street, the idea is to give way to oncoming traffic. So I looked ahead and it was clear. I saw a BMW 4X4 in the distance and suddenly out of the blue the twat decided to speed up, and guess what stalemate, we where both stuck and one of us had to reverse back up the road.

I decided to reverse back up the road. Whilst I was reversing up the road the twat decided to push me as fast as I could go, while in the meantime give me a load of verbal abuse.

This twat was clearly in the wrong, and accelerated on purpose. But why are some people so f^%king pick ignorant and what's their beef with life?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
BMW drivers are the worst on the road. I see it every day in my job.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The more I cycle, the less I drive, the more frustated I am becoming with the general politeness of drivers, what is with people that are clearly in the wrong.

Driving in to Lewes this morning along Southover High Street, the idea is to give way to oncoming traffic. So I looked ahead and it was clear. I saw a BMW 4X4 in the distance and suddenly out of the blue the twat decided to speed up, and guess what stalemate, we where both stuck and one of us had to reverse back up the road.

I decided to reverse back up the road. Whilst I was reversing up the road the twat decided to push me as fast as I could go, while in the meantime give me a load of verbal abuse.

This twat was clearly in the wrong, and accelerated on purpose. But why are some people so f^%king pick ignorant and what's their beef with life?

Try to smile and reflect on the fact that his 4x4 is ever more expensive to maintain,has lost value,will shortly be taxed higher and remember that pushing a fudging great wardrobe sized lump of iron through air is costing him a lot more than you in petrol. Rejoice !

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Most likely he has a very small penis.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh

Anyone who feels they need a 4x4 to conquer the streets of Lewis clearly has some serious attitude problems. I bet in the week it is used to drive the kids 5 mins round the corner to school.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
i ruddy hate "flash car drivers", most people who have them have little man syndrome and drive down the middle of the road. many a time have i been in the situation where one has to reverse, and i never will. they drive up the middle of the road, so will i, i've considered many a head on collision just to spite them, but it probably wouldnt be worth the hassle

barney

Jul 31, 2006
I think this is unfair. VW Golf drivers are equally as bad.

any woman driving in a fast, or big car.

im sorry to anyone who could be offended, it's not sexist it is generally my view and experience of being on the roads, the majority of women can not drive

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
any woman driving in a fast, or big car.

im sorry to anyone who could be offended, it's not sexist it is generally my view and experience of being on the roads, the majority of women can not drive

In my experience the majority of men can't either.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Over the years I have developed a number of ways to wind up ignorant road hogging drivers.

The following apply to those people that insist on driving up your arse to push you along.

1. When moving from 50 to 40 limits or 40 to 30 limits leave it late and brake harder than you would normally (safely).

2. In say a 30 limit progress exactly at the 30 mph

3. Better still if they are really impatient and the road is very narrow slow to 25 mph, lower the window and invite them to pass.

4. If its been raining find every deep muddy puddle and drive through it deliberately.

5. If its sunny then clean you windscreen with lots of water that will splash onto theirs making them have to clean it as well.

6. If you are pulling out onto a road, allow the gap in the traffic to close until there is just room for you to pull out safely and they cant follow. This really gets up their nose behind.

7. Fiddle with something in the car such as the radio. This makes them think you are ignoring them.

8. Deliberately turn the rear view mirror away so you cant see them.

9. Stop at every opportunity to allow a pedestrian to cross the road or a car to enter from a side road.

10. Pretend you are looking for a turning and regularly slow down at every side road.

Don't get mad get even. Happy hunting.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
My favourite is number 2, by doing that you are actually performing a service to the people in the area you drive through by slowing down a vehicle that would otherwise be speeding. Add to that driving over speed humps at a snails pace and I think you have the perfect anti-dote.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Over the years I have developed a number of ways to wind up ignorant road hogging drivers.

:lolol: oh yes, i use many of those. the best way to get me driving religiously below the limit and generally become the most considerate driver to pedestrians and cars turning in, is a impatient driver sat on my arse. closer he gets the slower i get.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I find that if they get really angry with you, a friendly smile and a gentle wave does wonders.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Giving the finger to a local who is driving agressiviely without due care and attention (i.e. up your arse flashing) is a very serious offence here in the UAE. The fact that they can and regularly do kill and injure themselves and innocents with their generally unpunishable actions whereas a raising of a middle finger causes absolutely no physical harm to anyone and can leave you facing a 6 month stretch

The best option is just to appear to really lose it in your own little space by smashing your fist against the window or roof, shaking your head like a nutjob and giving a mild swerve - being careful not to aim a gesture at the perpotrator in any way. They'll soon back off.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I find that if they get really angry with you, a friendly smile and a gentle wave does wonders.

That's the tactic I've adopted of late. A smile, laugh or cheeky wave winds them up no end :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here