Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'm struggling to remember his performances with any accuracy but from memory he seemed confident and positive in his play, though he and another player (Ince?) appeared to be trying to do the same job at times. I got the impression that Stephens wanted to run the midfield. To which I say: good. Somebody has to.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Not sure he was the best in the team last season, but reasonably sure he could be this season! As long as he isn't made to play left back, which easily could happen!!!

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Once Stephens is back we need to send Gardner back pronto.
Probably one of the most overrated youngsters I've seen for a while. Maybe he gives more when he plays for his own club.

FRYG

Bexhill Seagull
Apr 13, 2011
Bexhill
Realistically Stephens will take 4-10 games to get back to the pace of competitive football even once he is fully fit. I am looking forward to having him back though once he seemed to settle last season he put in some much improving performances.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I reckon Stephens offers a decent range of passing, a good instinct to be in the right place at the right time and the ability to try and dictate the pace of the game. Come back quickly please, Dale.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Without proclaiming him the messiah, we really need Stephens back. Just take a look at the highlights of Leicester away to see his range of passing. His finish vs Blackpool at home wasn't too shabby either.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Definitely - Gardner, is one of the worst midfielders we've had since the move to The Amex. For me, his workrate is not dissimilar to Ryan Harley.

Really? Not from what i see......as regards to Stephens might be back at the end of January according to the guy i sat next to yesterday...he chatted to Stephens at the Xmas party.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Really? Not from what i see......as regards to Stephens might be back at the end of January according to the guy i sat next to yesterday...he chatted to Stephens at the Xmas party.

That's good news.

In terms of my comment, Gardner doesn't care, opposition players run past him as he ambles back. For me our midfield is undoubtedly one of the reasons we are so poor, and he is a main contributor along with JFC, although in his case, he was better yesterday.

Just the same as Harley, but a marginally better player on the ball.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
hope he is back soon and brings a fit Crofty with him

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Gardener = ineffective

The best midfield we could field on Monday (29th 2014 Fulham vs BHAFC) is Ince, Holla, JFC.

Agree, as JFC is clearly a much better player further upfield. Not sure if we are allowed to start without Gardener though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here