Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens goal

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
What we are actually missing at defensive set pieces is a free man to attack the ball. Both Murray and Ulloa did this well and regularly won the ball, whilst all the man markers jockeyed their men out of the way. But Tomer is not doing this, not sure why, either not asked to do it, or not doing it successfully.

But be honest, the number of corners that Murray used to win in the air and clear to safety.....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If it was the other way round NSC would be full of posts saying it was a foul and we can't believe the referee didn't give it.

It was INCREDIBLY soft. It would be through Albion-tinted if we were asking for a foul.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Their player didn't even appeal for it. Stephens was clever, little nudge to make the player think he was tight to him, but get a bit more room to do something. Very intelligent play

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I dont get why Bruno was given the task of marking Austin from dead ball situations, with Austins aerial ability, shouldnt one of the centre backs taken responsibility?

Bruno did a fantastic job on Austin at the set pieces. He only got away from him once all game. Unfortunately once was all he needed. The other goal was the result of an unlucky rebound from a good tackle by Greer(?), but still a great finish.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I agree. VLP's goal was a cracker too.

Let's discuss the positives about last night.

Not many positives for me from last night. I only see us when we're on TV, but I thought we were pretty awful mostly. At no point, even at 2-0 up did I think we'd win. Completely outplayed in the first half, 2 goals against the run, but did play well for 10 mins after the goals. We "might" have held out with 11 men, but an idiot put the kibosh on that. Most of the match I thought we'd lose, and probably should have done and had no complaints. Roll on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here