Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens confirms he was fit to play today

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
He told them that he had recovered from his virus or lacking symptoms and that doesn't necessarily equal ready to play.

Exactly this^

The player thinking he's ready may be completely different to the medical opinion(s). If this is true though, I'm really baffled by this decision. Our midfield is weak, he's needed to strengthen it. I would love to see a midfield two of Ince and Dale, with two wingers and a creative middleman behind Ulloa.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just been on the radio, he was asked if he was still suffering from the bug. Replied no, I am fine.

Unbelievable that he wasn't in the 18.

Yet another baffling decision by the management team. Is he going to end up another Augestein? Nevermind, we have JFC and Andrews..............

Stephens played well at Bolton but was criticised by Nathan Jones in the post-match interview (Jones? Unprofessional? Never!). I wonder if that has anything to do with it (either Jones doesn't like him/rate him and OG listened to him or Stephens objected to Jones's comments, made his feelings known and, like Augestein, has been marked as having a 'bad attitude'.)

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
losing the midfield. we never had the midfield!
you would think we were the away team the way we started our formation. way too deep for a home team.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Not sure if he was fully recovered but to be fair I'd rather have Stephens lying in the centre circle uncontrollably vomiting and shitting than a typical Keith Andrews performance.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don't think Oscar rates some of Burke's signings.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'd imagine Obika and Stephens had a significant Jones influence.

No doubt. So Jones convinced OG to sign them and Burke sanctioned it . It's all a little different nowadays isn't it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here