Dale Stephens' appeal [Update: appeal rejected, 3 game ban stands]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
As outrageous as it is predictable. They were never going to show up one of their 'best' refs, nor allow the suggestion that the outcome of such a pivotal fixture, with so much riding on it, could be affected by reffing decisions. Utterly apalling but there was only ever going to be this outcome.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
"Mike Dean is a spineless ****"

"Same old FA: Always useless"

"There's only one Dale Stephens"

etc etc

Well at least we know now that it isn't at all important how good or bad a challenge is, the only thing that matters is how injured the player is.

I'd caution against the third chant as it won't do much for Sidwell's confidence, and we need him to be right up for it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm actually astonished how these inbreds cannot see that it didn't even warrant a yellow card never mind a red.
It's blatantly clear as others have said that if they rescinded it they would look like utter twats because of the severity of the Boro match.
Do you get about 2 people in a room looking at replays or something ?
I'd like to think that we'd have a someone present at these meetings,but you just know they all ready knew they couldn't Rescind it as repercussions may follow etc etc....

Pathetic bunch of twats

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Can we send letters to the FA saying how we are very disappointed in that they have no bollocks but this is waste of time but this is what I expected them to close ranks and cover up as they are so worried about referees losing respect and control .
Might as well wait until Tuesday.

Then you can add a paragraph about another ref being conned by a Forestieri dive or similar... :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anyone think that is possibly the last time we see him in the stripes. If we don't go up, I can't see him staying if some big club comes in for him.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Horribly predictable.. Wouldn't you love to have heard what was discussed? Can we request it under the Freedom of Information law???"

Worth investigating.

This is the thing that gets me - we don't even hear how they reached their decision. This is MASSIVE. It could potentially cost the club £200m. Yet the decision is made in secret?!

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Worth investigating.

This is the thing that gets me - we don't even hear how they reached their decision. This is MASSIVE. It could potentially cost the club £200m. Yet the decision is made in secret?!

I don't think we can actually - only applies to Public Authorities, and pretty sure the FA are not that !!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Sidwell is a good fella and I'm sure he'll give it his all. However, we will miss Stephens, no doubt about it. We have been cheated.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
To be honest I can sort of accept the red on the day(even though wrong)in the heat of play,but to allow a 3 game ban after really facks me off as its as clear as day for all to see and all the pundits stated also.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Oh well Sidwell should be quite fresh now, and he seemed to be improving in his last few performances.

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
#corruptasfifa

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
To be honest I can sort of accept the red on the day(even though wrong)in the heat of play,but to allow a 3 game ban after really facks me off as its as clear as day for all to see and all the pundits stated also.

Especially when they could have reduced it to a one game ban and saved face all round. Didn't even do that. Corrupt ********

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports