Dale Stephens' appeal [Update: appeal rejected, 3 game ban stands]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
the referee is there to make sure the rulles are adhered to, and if he has seen something and given a yellow/red card and then relises he has made a mistake he should say so, now in a game as important is this will he do this .............I doubt it, he will either say I did not see it (line shouting it was a foul?)or he decided to give the red because of the injury he saw(if it had a plaster on it it was an old injury and he was conned) whatever if he see's the video of it on slo-mo then he should be honest and speak up.
I doubt this will happen either as he go along with the line saying it was a foul
, it seems both have been caught up with what went on previously, which was a totally seperate thing
upshot is they have both been conned in order to get Dale sent off
decision should be no red
...............thats if honesty prevails

You're preaching to the converted but it won't happen. Riverside Mike has had his moment of infamy and the FA will not go against him now.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
I ruddy well hope they didn't opt to deal with the Millwall appeal first considering their playoff game is 2 days after ours! ???

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You're preaching to the converted but it won't happen. Riverside Mike has had his moment of infamy and the FA will not go against him now.

exactly what I thought ............but you live in hopes that there might be just a little honesty flying around

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Reading Millwall fans comments on that decision I'm not holding out too much hope on Dale's!

I did the same! But just watched highlights of the game on YouTube and can see why he was sent off. Don't know why they bothered appealing.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I ruddy well hope they didn't opt to deal with the Millwall appeal first considering their playoff game is 2 days after ours! ???
One sensible decision they've got wrong, just waiting for the next one.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
I did the same! But just watched highlights of the game on YouTube and can see why he was sent off. Don't know why they bothered appealing.

Yep - Dunk moment for the red, lost control and dived in to win it, dangerous and out of control.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
In the video you see mike dean react to the injury, before he looked at the injury he was kind of in control and then the card get's hit from his hand making him annoyed then he sees the injury and now he reacts and produces red because of the cut. You can see him go a bit red and loses control of the situation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports