Dale Stephens' appeal [Update: appeal rejected, 3 game ban stands]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
the only way it could be seen as the correct action by the fa is to protect Dean and their selves. Does this protect their integrity or just make them look more corrupt?
to us brighton fans sadly the 2nd option am sure.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
They won't.
They won't.
They won't.
They won't.
They won't.
They won't.
They won't.
They won't.
but they might
They won't.
They won't.
They won't.
They won't.
They won't.
They won't.
They won't.
They won't.
They won't.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
No because the referee had seen it.

Correct. They can only review it if the ref didn't see it. Pawson saw it and didn't think it was worthy of a card of any colour (the same Craig Pawson who sent off Ashley Barnes for a similar, but much more debatable, 'stamp' on a Burnley player three seasons before).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
when I mentioned the Wednesday fans I meant the majority not all. why would they be bothered to watch the video.? they would naturally be more concerned on any advantage their team could get. am not having a go at Wednesday fans just stating what I imagine to be their thoughts on this.

From actually reading through the OwlsTalk website, it would appear a larger amount than you think have looked at videos and reacted in the same way as we have - though of course, quite understandably they'll be happy if the ban stands.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I wish all bans were carried over to the regular season but the play-offs were immune. We now have a ridiculous situation where both sides are missing key players and both Stephens AND Bannen decisions were, to be kind, "questionable". If play-offs have to determine who goes up, at least let's have both teams able to field their best squads and not suffer this kind of lunacy.

Is Bannan out? He was on the bench for their last game

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Sheff Weds made 10 changes at the weekend.... they should be flying out of the gates Friday night against us.... its all falling for them nicely at the moment....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The day just gets better and better.

My kids go to a local school, but their teacher is a Middlesbrough fan, so he's taken time out of teaching today to tell the kids that the red card was correct, because of the gash in Gaston's leg.

****ing ****.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Sheff Weds made 10 changes at the weekend.... they should be flying out of the gates Friday night against us.... its all falling for them nicely at the moment....

Certainly seems that way - a buoyant team and fans for scraping home the 6th position fort he playoffs against a bartered, downbeat and below full strength team that has been absolutely immense for the most-part of the season and deserved to be spared the torture and lottery of the bollocky playoffs.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Yet they will still have you believe the FA and referees are conspiring against them..

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

My kids go to a local school, but their teacher is a Middlesbrough fan, so he's taken time out of teaching today to tell the kids that the red card was correct, because of the gash in Gaston's leg.

****ing ****.
Report him.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
I thought they did and deemed it not worthy of action...

Edit yes the Ref deemed it not worthy of review. ( unbelievable )

Ridiculous that a ref can make a wrong decision (thinking its not worthy of a booking) and they have no right of review, whereas if he thinks its a red (but from replays its not) they can review. In both situations potentially a wrong decision from the ref results in a wrong outcome. The whole point is that an INDEPENDENT review is required cause the ref was rubbish....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now my kids have caught me swearing for the first time ever. Brilliant.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River

****ing ****.
change school. obviously incompetent teacher, who doesn't understand basic logic

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch

****ing ****.

I would have marched in to that school and got the prick by the neck

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
change school. obviously incompetent teacher, who doesn't understand basic logic
And now I learn that he's changed his work PC screen saver to a picture of him celebrating in his boro shirt.
I would have marched in to that school and got the prick by the neck
I'm happy to provide the details.

On Friday after school I lectured my kids about not winding their teacher up if we won, I told them how it was important to be classy when you win and not gloat, and now I find this **** who should know better is spouting shit at the kids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports