Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daily Telegraph today

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
League One Focus......Brighton,likely to be drawn into a second straight relegation battle!!!
Cobblers....How can they come up with an assessment like that!!:tantrum:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
When u read that article they dont actually tip anyne to do well apart from Leeds and Norwich

Everyone else seems to be bottom or mid table.

Southampton player to watch... Dan Harding... f*** sake

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair we could be in a relegation scrap. I dont think we will at all but we *could* and if you are some hack who knows we only just survived last season and havent paid much attention (stadium, Bloom, signings) then I spose you would have us down to struggle again.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Good, a nice little motivational tool for Slade to use.

We may or may not be in the promotion shake-up at the end of the season but I would be very surprised to see us involved in a similar scrap to last season. We are much stronger and better prepared than last year.

League One: team-by-team guide to the 2009-10 season - Telegraph

They claim (on the main football page), that this is a 'Comprehensive guide to all the clubs, managers and movers and shakers.'

Aside from the fact that they've written a grand total of one line per team, and that whoever has written that line has clearly not bothered to look at the transfers in and out of the various teams, absolutley no insight whatsoever is provided. No mention of Huddersfield's or our new chairman, our respective spending sprees or of the financial problems of Charlton, etc.

Generally piss-poor journalism. If you are going to do such a crap effort, why even bother in the first place?

As a matter of interest, does anyone know where I can find a DECENT write-up of a League 1 preview?

Dandyman

In London village.
To be fair the Torygraph probably thinks there is still a spot of local difficulty going on in Sussex between the Saxons and Normans.

We have a host of new players and a slow start is a possibility, however I have great respect for what Slade has achieved thus far and the play-offs should still be the target IMO.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If you are not involved with the Albion then you see last year, then see we've added free transfers etc and sold Lynch and I can see why they come up with that prediction,

The stadium side of things doesnt make any difference yet.

Interesting reading Moo Camp yesterday that Navarro is decent but Wright isn't all that was the general feeling

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If a paper had predicted we'd escape relegation by the skin of our teeth last year they'd have got the same reaction as the suggestion above is getting. Christ there were some mugs who couldn't see we were f***ed at Christmas!!

We may yet be involved in another relegation scrap, who knows?? It is after all just about opinions until the season gets underway

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I see Barnet signed Albert Jarrett from Gillingham - did I miss something with him? How comes he still manages to play in the league? You can fool some of the people............................etc.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If a paper had predicted we'd escape relegation by the skin of our teeth last year they'd have got the same reaction as the suggestion above is getting. Christ there were some mugs who couldn't see we were f***ed at Christmas!!

We may yet be involved in another relegation scrap, who knows?? It is after all just about opinions until the season gets underway

Skin of our teeth? Pfft! We finished 16th, far far away from relegation *is in denial*

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Well we almost went down last year, the bloke who scored the goals to keep us up isn't with us, it's probably a stronger division this season, and while we've made signings at the moment there's no real proof that we're any stronger

I wouldn't mind being tipped for a relegation battle, if there had been some thought and analysis behind it. Unfortunately, as I mentioned earlier, they've simply not put the effort in. If the person writing the League 1 preview doesn't know about the ability of Dickinson, the potential of Tunnicliffe, etc. then quite simply he shouldn't be writing the preview. These people are meant to be professional journalists. Whatever happened to doing research for an article?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
League One: team-by-team guide to the 2009-10 season - Telegraph

They claim (on the main football page), that this is a 'Comprehensive guide to all the clubs, managers and movers and shakers.'

Aside from the fact that they've written a grand total of one line per team, and that whoever has written that line has clearly not bothered to look at the transfers in and out of the various teams, absolutley no insight whatsoever is provided. No mention of Huddersfield's or our new chairman, our respective spending sprees or of the financial problems of Charlton, etc.

Generally piss-poor journalism. If you are going to do such a crap effort, why even bother in the first place?

As a matter of interest, does anyone know where I can find a DECENT write-up of a League 1 preview?

Have to agree with that and for what it is worth I believe that we will soon hit our stride,surprise quite a few teams and will be play -off contenders come the end of season run-in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here