Daily Number 10 Press Conferences

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Did the health secretary seriously say this?

Jesus. 1) It’s nothing to do with him 2) cynical distraction.

Well yes he did say it, but he was asked a specific question by Mike Settle from the Herald ........if it was moral for Premier league clubs to refuse to cut the salaries of very highly paid players whilst cutting the wages of non playing staff

Not really cynical distraction when he was just responding to a question and quite a few people are asking why non playing staff at some clubs (spurs for example) are having their wages cut on furlough when the players are not.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well yes he did say it, but he was asked a specific question by Mike Settle from the Herald ........if it was moral for Premier league clubs to refuse to cut the salaries of very highly paid players whilst cutting the wages of non playing staff

Not really cynical distraction when he was just responding to a question and quite a few people are asking why non playing staff at some clubs (spurs for example) are having their wages cut on furlough when the players are not.

It was an irrelevant and distracting question which he should have addressed accordingly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Why is there this witch-hunt surrounding players taking wage cuts?

I can understand the argument for players to take cuts to protect the financial position of their CLUBS, but that isn't what the public / media outcry is asking for, presumably?

So let's say Kevin De Bruyne is being paid £200k per week.

If so, he keeps £120k, and about £80k is going in tax to the state, to fund the NHS or whatever else required.

If Kev agrees to the 70% cut I've seen suggested, he'll keep £35k, the state will get £25k, and Sheik Mansour and the Abu Dhabi royal family will save themselves £140k a week.

What exactly are the angry masses trying to achieve?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It was an irrelevant and distracting question which he should have addressed accordingly.

May have been an irrelevant and distracting question from the journo, but still not cynical distraction by Hancock to answer a specific question when put to him.

Why is there this witch-hunt surrounding players taking wage cuts?

I can understand the argument for players to take cuts to protect the financial position of their CLUBS, but that isn't what the public / media outcry is asking for, presumably?

So let's say Kevin De Bruyne is being paid £200k per week.

If so, he keeps £120k, and about £80k is going in tax to the state, to fund the NHS or whatever else required.

If Kev agrees to the 70% cut I've seen suggested, he'll keep £35k, the state will get £25k, and Sheik Mansour and the Abu Dhabi royal family will save themselves £140k a week.

What exactly are the angry masses trying to achieve?

I dont really know about any witch hunt as such, although i saw negative press re spurs, im trying to avoid all the media rubbish at the moment bar the BBC.
My footie friends i am still in contact with seem to be coming from the position (which is mine too) that the issue is about protecting the financial interests of our own clubs and all the staff, which i see you agree with anyway.
I wouldnt be surprised if players, clubs and union come to an agreement soon for a wage cut to do just that.......protect the financial interests of the clubs.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Whilst everyone focuses on footballers it takes the light off the rich ******** at the top, who da thought

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've lost all faith in the government now, same old bullshit different day.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Been called worse by a mod and others this week already. :shrug:

The mainstream media have now picked up on the fact that this government has struggled to make the right decisions since this al started at the beginning of January.

This sort of article is now shining a light on the potentially huge mistakes that could cost thousands of lives:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52142083

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would watch it. The mods and clique will be thread banning you for any dissent against the government. ALL HAIL BORIS.

Damn, I had thought you had achieved what you set out to do

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Lockdown......first week....bit of fun
Second ......well it’s to save lives
How long will the public stay indoors?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Things might be changing yes. This is all I can freely say.

The government’s target of 100,000 tests per day is also a signal that they’ve aligned to the correct strategy at last so best of luck to them now to be fair.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am not setting out to do anything. Just giving an opinion. What is wrong with that? I am sorry if you think it is the wrong one.

You are deliberately acting like a to$$er to the point of naming and shaming mods and bringing every single debate towards Brexit or politics.

I am genuinely surprised you are still around here given your arrogance on ignorance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here