Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daily Mirror: Pulis poised for Brighton

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Palace were better than both, save an almost meltdown near the end when they nearly missed out on the play offs

In terms of points on the board they weren't and dare I say in style they were inferior as well. What they did have was a manager who had the nous to do a job on us in the semis (with a slice of luck as well, that Barnes header at 0-0 was a very narrow margin) and in the final, which turned out to be an utterly dire game which was settled by a penalty, neither side really tried to play.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I reckon Pulis's agent has pulled some strings to suggest to proper suitors that he has other options on the table now. Pulis will get a cracking deal from Leicester if they think he might join us. I think we're being used.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If he does consider it that will be a direct opposite view to what he told a friend of his last week, when he said he wouldnt consider it with our recruitment system in place.

Well, let's hope he comes then - dismantling that would be a welcome bonus!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Likewise, I can't control how the club want to run things but I can control whether or not I go along to support it. I really wish I hadn't bothered getting a season ticket for this season as it feels like it's been a complete waste of limited funds that could have been better spent elsewhere.

Odd season for me. I think I've been to 3 games ?

Loads going on at work, things going on with relatives and been doing my place up.

Saturdays was a release. Personally I've never really embraced the Amex "experience" but that's just me. But then I get annoyed by walking down Oxford Street :)

As long as the football is ok (doesn't need to be on the edge of the playoffs) I'm in and out.

This season ? Jesus.

I don't consider myself as a fair weather fan - I have a season ticket after all and will get one next season.

But when the culture, the Saturday experience has gone. What's to pay the train fair down for ? I watched utter rubbish at the Withdean for years but it was the culture and collective fight that made up for it.

It's a combination of the bad football and the overly corperate message that has stopped me going. I'm well up now for the relegation fight (because that's what it is), but I'll have to see a change in the manager / backroom staff whatever, to see me coming down again.

Not the absolute silence, intermitently interupted by a press release signed off by the head of communications.

Reminds me of work. Think about your "customers" or whatever you call them these days and Mr Bloom/Mr Barber get yourself on the phone in.

Just when the powers that need to be should be talking to fans even through the media they have gone quite. The PR is so so wrong.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's a combination of the bad football and the overly corperate message that has stopped me going. I'm well up now for the relegation fight (because that's what it is), but I'll have to see a change in the manager / backroom staff whatever, to see me coming down again.

Slightly going off topic.

J, assuming we don't change the staff it's safe to assume you don't want your seat on the MSS bus. Not a problem mate, saves Mike asking you.

Cheers

J

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We miss you really :kiss:

That made my night, I haven't laughed so much in ages.

Anything else you want ? Kidney, Shirt off my back :lolol:

"Whlist we are aggrieved at the predicament of the club at the moment, Mike would like to remind all members there is a waiting list for the coach..."

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That made my night, I haven't laughed so much in ages.

Anything else you want ? Kidney, Shirt off my back :lolol:

"Whlist we are aggrieved at the predicament of the club at the moment, Mike would like to remind all members there is a waiting list for the coach..."

Oh and definately not Boxing day - I'm in Sussex and your services are completely useless :lolol:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I reckon Pulis's agent has pulled some strings to suggest to proper suitors that he has other options on the table now. Pulis will get a cracking deal from Leicester if they think he might join us. I think we're being used.

But if Bloom pulled his finger out weeks ago when most people saw Herpes position as untenable, we'd have had the pick of the crop. Sorry of Bloom and manager appointments. If we sack Sami today, we might have someone in place for the start of next seasons pre-seaon training.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh and definately not Boxing day - I'm in Sussex and your services are completely useless :lolol:

Right.. that's it! Your name is on the list... It will be read out next time we pass through Lewes!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Obviously there's no truth to this.

A) He left Palace because he wanted to buy expensive experienced players - not cheap youth players. No way would that float with our current recruitment bods.
B) His style is hardly conducive with what Bloom has been trying to achieve. Albeit the results would almost certainly improve.
C) It's clearly bullshit.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Obviously there's no truth to this.

A) He left Palace because he wanted to buy expensive experienced players - not cheap youth players. No way would that float with our current recruitment bods.
B) His style is hardly conducive with what Bloom has been trying to achieve. Albeit the results would almost certainly improve.
C) It's clearly bullshit.

agree with the above, its a cheap rubbish story from a cheap rubbish rag

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here