Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Which is why Albion tweeted this (and it isn't the Albion bench you can see - well, you can just about see Bong!):-

[TWEET]763102654344101889[/TWEET]

You have any stats on this Ben White fella people are raving about?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Burnley boss Sean Dyche preparing £7.5m move for Belgian ace after weekend scouting trip
https://t.co/5ffLItfRDo https://t.co/SSaj84eBpo

Funny story:

"On 13 August 2014, Defour signed a five-year deal with R.S.C. Anderlecht, for €6 million. On 25 January of the following year, when playing at Standard Liège, he was sent off for deliberately kicking the ball at home fans who had unfurled a banner depicting his severed head under the slogan "Red or Dead". " Wiki

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
On the replies to the tweet of him in the crowd, Dale's own brother makes some sarcastic remarks along the lines of how 'it can't be him(Dale) isn't he meant to be up north with Burnley' etc and says 'what would he know, talking to him everyday, the transfer rumours must be right...'

I may have read it in the wrong way but it sounded as though he was taking the piss out of all of the rumour sites saying he was leaving imminently.
He may still be leaving but I don't think it's as likely as people are assuming.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
You have any stats on this Ben White fella people are raving about?

Well, it's funny you should ask that. Here's the thing......

Last August I made an offer to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] of writing up profiles of our 20 or so scholars. I spent a fair amount of time and effort doing so and they are available under the "Read the Albion" tab above. Except they aren't, because [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] never published them (for reasons which remain unknown to me).

So, if you want to know a little more about him, I suggest you have a word with the boss....

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Ifeel a little easier now

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Nothing wrong with one hundred pages of rampant speculation. Gives me something to read on the train. As you were please.

Would love to see the write ups on the scholars though! :)

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
The last few days have really made me think he might actually stay...

Reasons as follows:

Seems our local media and the man in the know confirm no agreement near.
If he was about to leave would he really of been as visible as he was last night at the game? I can't for one minuite believe the club would want him there if a deal was close.
His brother seems to be enjoying the banter on Twitter. I'm pretty confident he wouldn't be engaging if he knew his brother was off.

Finally I simply can't understand the logic of Burnley not acting by now if they seriously wanted him, it just doesn't make sense not to not have him in the squad before the season starts this weekend.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It's the 3/4 year deal worth 30k+ a week that does it.

I'm not convinced he's leaving either. As others have said, with Burnley you get one season and you're back in this division. Maybe, just maybe Dale thinks he can help this team go up and would be able to secure himself a better deal with a team (us)more likely to make a fist of staying in the Premier League?

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
The last few days have really made me think he might actually stay...

Reasons as follows:

Seems our local media and the man in the know confirm no agreement near.
If he was about to leave would he really of been as visible as he was last night at the game? I can't for one minuite believe the club would want him there if a deal was close.
His brother seems to be enjoying the banter on Twitter. I'm pretty confident he wouldn't be engaging if he knew his brother was off.

Finally I simply can't understand the logic of Burnley not acting by now if they seriously wanted him, it just doesn't make sense not to not have him in the squad before the season starts this weekend.

I agree, from pictures i have seen he was walking around outside with fans getting pictures etc!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I'm not convinced he's leaving either. As others have said, with Burnley you get one season and you're back in this division. Maybe, just maybe Dale thinks he can help this team go up and would be able to secure himself a better deal with a team (us)more likely to make a fist of staying in the Premier League?

I am really wishing that is the case, it shows we have a good team spirit and belief we can go all the way this time. However money talks and we may, just may be thinking north of seven million pounds, yes £7 000 000 is too good an offer to refuse. I hardly think we are in a position to say we may be a better bet in the Premier league than Burnley.........who can tell? And they are there, we may take years to achieve the same goal.
I would be delighted if he stays with us but not too disappointed if we get more than 7 million.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here