Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
'If' again. It's all subjective but I'd drive him up there myself on a 7.5m offer. He's not irreplaceable.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Can you drive a striker to the albion please ?

Make sure you don't use the M25 though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wake up people . He's as good as gone already and Norwood IS his replacement . And a worthy one at that
Nope. If Dale goes we'll need another midfielder to make the number in the squad up to 10, given Hughton has gone on record as saying Holla and Ince are likely to leave / be loaned out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hughton wants four 4 first choice central MF in his squad given that arguably thats one of the reasons we didn't go up last year as we didn't have a lot of support for when Kayal was out during our poor run and he's looking to strengthen the squad.
He clearly doesn't rate JFC, Ince, Holla and brought in Sidwell.
The club have turned down several bids for Stephens.
So ideally he wants Sidwell, Kayal, Norwood, *and* Stephens as his 4 choices as he rightly thinks you need that in a 46 game season.

Now if Stephens goes then he has to think again but thats clearly the aim.
If Stephens turned up this morning and said I've had a rethink and want to sign that juicy contract...you think they'd say no ?
Good summary.

Hughton also talks of Richie Towell being in addition to the 4 he wants in central midfield.

Last edited:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Why do you spend so much time on an opposing team's forum?

Ignoring that, I think it is fair to say (and most pundits and the bookies would probably agree) that the odds of Brighton being in the Premier League next season are higher than Burnley. We have a good chance of finishing in the top six this season and possibly even top two. You, on the other hand, are arguably weaker than last season. Players like Stephens are not the answer and you have nobody as good as Ings, who you had last time you went up. I think that gives you a very strong chance of going down. Doesn't mean you will but it is a good chance.

Odds on Brighton being in the Premier League next year - 7/2
Odds on Burnley being in the Premier League next year - Evens

A scenario where Burnley go down and Brighton go up is 7/1 is it not?

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Pure speculation based on one on-line rumour. I'd be inclined to go with AN's latest tweet on the subject.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Andy Naylor who famously leads Albion fans up various wrong paths: "And now the one you've
been waiting for...". It would help if a) Naylor actually supported the Albion b) Naylor didn't use to sell dodgy Timeshare apartments in Tenerife in the late 80s (FACT) c) The Argus employed a journalist who was a bit less lazy when tapping his keypad.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
We should speculate to accumulate - it worked for Boro last year. TB won't get much of his investment back unless we reach the promised land so we might as well aim to get there sooner rather than later.

1. Very easy to 'speculate to accumulate' with other people's money.
2. 'The promised land.' :facepalm:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Odds on Brighton being in the Premier League next year - 7/2
Odds on Burnley being in the Premier League next year - Evens

A scenario where Burnley go down and Brighton go up is 7/1 is it not?

Yes, but they are still seen as a lot more likely to stay up than we are to go up...................including by Stephens presumably

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I see sales of nappies and mattresses are set for a boom in the BN1 area.

Yeah good one. Nothing wrong with being concerned and having an opinion. You are aware the season has actually started and finding a replacement with less than 4 weeks to go till the end of the window will be difficult yeah?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
1. Very easy to 'speculate to accumulate' with other people's money.
2. 'The promised land.' :facepalm:

You know what they mean.

TB Will get all his investment back even if we have one season up there. I wouldn't begrudge him that. Plus we have parachute payments on top.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Yeah good one. Nothing wrong with being concerned and having an opinion. You are aware the season has actually started and finding a replacement with less than 4 weeks to go till the end of the window will be difficult yeah?

It's a bit early to be castigating the club for lack of ambition, as a couple have when we a) haven't sold anyone despite obvious interest and b) have added Norwood & Murray already and c) had a club transfer record bid for a player accepted last week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here