Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Twitter is fine if you follow the right accounts, very good way to get the correct info from the official BHA account.
It's excellent for local travel info.

Exactly. Don't read the hashtags as some of the replies are ludicrous.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Burnley football writer agrees it's far from done, too:

Chris Boden ‏@bodenknights 1m ago
Chris Boden Retweeted Andy Naylor
Told not close at this end either

Knowing Burnley,they have only offered add ons to their last offer.
So an extra £1m if they stay up has no monetary value as they stand no chance of doing this.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Any particular reason? Or just gut feeling? It's pretty clear that we haven't accepted a bid yet despite some nonsense twitter accounts stating we have.

Just gut feeling. I do think the whole Twitter thing is a bit rum mind and we're always at risk to bids from the Premier League. If A.Naylor says no bid then no bid but that doesn't mean a bid isn't coming or a deal won't be done.
Equally given Bloom's desire to keep players this summer and last years shenanigans with Dunk then i wouldn't be surprised to see club announce a new contract for Dale in the next day or so as well. All in the balance. Club clearly want to keep him.
Also i wouldn't read too much into "knocks" or his fitness as a clue.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Just gut feeling. I do think the whole Twitter thing is a bit rum mind and we're always at risk to bids from the Premier League. If A.Naylor says no bid then no bid but that doesn't mean a bid isn't coming or a deal won't be done.
Equally given Bloom's desire to keep players this summer and last years shenanigans with Dunk then i wouldn't be surprised to see club announce a new contract for Dale in the next day or so as well. All in the balance. Club clearly want to keep him.
Also i wouldn't read too much into "knocks" or his fitness as a clue.

So you are speculating? No inside info then?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If A.Naylor says no bid then no bid but that doesn't mean a bid isn't coming or a deal won't be done.

My gut feeling is the same as yours. However, Naylor has only ruled out a '4th' bid and has said a deal is not close, he has not said the deal won't happen. There are obviously discussions ongoing and a deal could be a lot closer tomorrow. I suspect he will be facing Swansea on Saturday as his salary jumps 3 or 4 fold and the lure of the Premier League proves too much to turn down. We'll get fantastic compensation but we can't replace the Kayal-Stephens partnership that would have brought us the title this season. Play-off lottery here we come.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sounds like 'job done' on his part there to be honest. The atmosphere at times has been lacking at The Amex on occasions. Fair play to him for putting it in print.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It wasn't that simple & the atmo had been pretty good before writing that article anyway. Then there was the bringing the palace always ultras into it... Was a lame article & most on here would agree FWIW...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
No, they aren't. Just choose who you follow on Twitter & only have real friends on Facebook.
Like anything else, it's how you use it.

Twitter is fine if you follow the right accounts, very good way to get the correct info from the official BHA account.
It's excellent for local travel info.

and you think at nearly 70 years of age I have the time, all the info you talk about I can find out on the good old NSC thanks

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
and you think at nearly 70 years of age I have the time, all the info you talk about I can find out on the good old NSC thanks

Wow you could be older than Bens grandad

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As long as Burnley keep messing around with trying to pay some of the fee as an add on for staying up, this deal won't happen.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Why is no one asking the question as to why two of our most important players (and in my opinion our best player) have been allowed to get into the last year of their contract? Criminally bad critical resource management.

We are used to it, remember Ashley Barnes and Glenn Murray. The club never regretted getting into this position with those two,or did they?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We are used to it, remember Ashley Barnes and Glen Murray. The club never regretted getting into this position with those two,or did they?

Is it possible that the players aren't signing the new contract? Or are demanding more than we want to pay? Or do you think we just forgot and the penny's just dropped?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Is it possible that the players aren't signing the new contract? Or are demanding more than we want to pay? Or do you think we just forgot and the penny's just dropped?

With both Barnes and Murray it was money in my view and the club didn't value them obviously as high as their own expectations. Both players in my mind proved the club wrong and got what they wanted. Remember we got nothing for Murray and sold Barnes at a lower price to avoid getting nothing. When players are such obvious assets to the team I would have thought the club should not let this situation arise by dealing with it much earlier. But it all boils down to money either the player wants too much or the club gambles and think's they can hold on longer before having to pay out the higher wages that they will be able to earn.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
From what i can tell some people are speculating that there has been a £7m bid from Burnley and AN says a deal isn't close.... is this correct or am i missing something?

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
From what i can tell some people are speculating that there has been a £7m bid from Burnley and AN says a deal isn't close.... is this correct or am i missing something?
Pure speculation based on one on-line rumour. I'd be inclined to go with AN's latest tweet on the subject.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Pure speculation based on one on-line rumour. I'd be inclined to go with AN's latest tweet on the subject.

If the rumor is correct and the offer is £7 mill, then the club have to either get him to sign an improved contract or except the £7mill.
If not we will end up selling him for around 2/3 million in January or losing him for nothing at the end of the season, if promotion is missed again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here