Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
In today's market £6.5m is cheap if a premier club wants. If he goes to burnley and does well they will be sticking a £20m price tag on him

With the prices being paid this window it looks like Burnley have got an absolute bargain.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
100% this. The rise and spread of social media just multiples the number of complete neanderthals who we have to put up with.

More and more reading through the bhafc tag makes me embarrassed that these twats follow the same club as me.

Don't read it then. It makes life much easier.

twatter and facebook are shite
I deleted both ages ago

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Because the price is right?

£7M is nowhere near enough, if true, for one of our best players. If we are to get promoted this season, we really need to keep the core of our team together....as Derby and SW appear to be doing. As we all know, our record of signing replacements who are equivalently skillful is not great.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
So Naylor and his Burnley counterpart say that no bid has been accepted and that a deal is nowhere near completion? Expect DS to start tomorrow then.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If he has to go then to get £7m for him is exceptional business. Assuming we were buying Pritchard from the existing budget we will have a significant sum of money to reinvest in the team. That is exactly how Swansea managed it, incremental gains over a few seasons while selling some players before finally getting over the line. If we spend that on new players and or better salaries then what's the problem? We have to compete with the parachute payments somehow and buying smarter and reinvesting has to be the most sustainable way surely?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
So Naylor and his Burnley counterpart say that no bid has been accepted and that a deal is nowhere near completion? Expect DS to start tomorrow then.

I thought CH said he "had a knock"? Cough.....splutter...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
£7M is nowhere near enough, if true, for one of our best players. If we are to get promoted this season, we really need to keep the core of our team together....as Derby and SW appear to be doing. As we all know, our record of signing equivalently skillful replacements is not great.

Judging by his recent antics on Twitter, it looks like he wants out. If we tell him he can't leave, we run the risk of having a high-earning key player going on a sulk and killing the team morale before leaving for nothing in the summer.

Good as he is, £7 million for a 26 year old CM with no top flight or international experience in the last year of his contract is bordering on absurd.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I thought CH said he "had a knock"? Cough.....splutter...

I think he said 'minor' knock, but Naylor has put him in his possible starting XI though. Even if he doesn't start I doubt there is any cause for worry as it will probably just be precautionary.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Why is no one asking the question as to why two of our most important players (and in my opinion our best player) have been allowed to get into the last year of their contract? Criminally bad critical resource management.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Judging by his recent antics on Twitter, it looks like he wants out. If we tell him he can't leave, we run the risk of having a high-earning key player going on a sulk and killing the team morale before leaving for nothing in the summer.

Good as he is, £7 million for a 26 year old CM with no top flight or international experience in the last year of his contract is bordering on absurd.

What has he done on Twitter, apart from hinting at his price? His cover picture & personal profile still show Brighton.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If he has to go then to get £7m for him is exceptional business. Assuming we were buying Pritchard from the existing budget we will have a significant sum of money to reinvest in the team. That is exactly how Swansea managed it, incremental gains over a few seasons while selling some players before finally getting over the line. If we spend that on new players and or better salaries then what's the problem? We have to compete with the parachute payments somehow and buying smarter and reinvesting has to be the most sustainable way surely?

Absolutely, we also need to get some gains from the development squad. I would like to see those investments baring fruit soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here