Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Don't take this the wrong way ..but i'd trust his judgement rather than yours.

None taken.
The only reason I would sell Stephens is if he had told the club that he would not sign a new deal at the end of the season even if we are promoted. This would mean he wants to move up north no matter.
Burnley are not interested in staying in the premier league jus the money they earn from it. They buy Championship players who get premier league wages ready for the following seasons Championship campaign (promotion again).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I suspect Norwood is his replacement.
I disagree.

We normally start the season with 10-11 midfielders.

Hughton is on record as saying Holla and Ince likely to be moved on.

That leaves just 9 in midfield.

1 more required.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Premier League - £150 million.
Dale Stephens - £7 million

Tony needs to play the gamble and turn down the offer.
Dale only cost £750k so if he leaves for nothing so what.

Don't forget the £90k fine we occurred signing him

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why is it that the crystal balls that some posters on here own, only partially work and are not fully operational?

Example - Burnley will be relegated but Brighton could/may win promotion.

I'd take it back and get one that works properly.
Perhaps as this is a Brighton forum and we are optimistic about our team but think yours is sh*t?

alexanderhills

Feb 14, 2014
Cuckfield
To be fair when you look at it on paper sounds like a very favourable deal. £7m for a 27yr old with a year remaining on his contract is very good business

Jan 10, 2014
Burnley are not interested in staying in the premier league jus the money they earn from it. .

Utter drivel.

Overly cautious, yes, with a certain wage structure but our market is top end Championship players at the moment.

The transfer fees are the easy bit, the 3/4/5 years of wages are another thing all together.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Why is it that the crystal balls that some posters on here own, only partially work and are not fully operational?

Example - Burnley will be relegated but Brighton could/may win promotion.

I'd take it back and get one that works properly.

If you don't like what we say perhaps you would be better off on a Burnley forum where people may give a shit what you think?

Burnley certs for relegation in my book and Stephens would have a better chance of playing in the Premier League next season by staying put.

Jan 10, 2014
To be fair when you look at it on paper sounds like a very favourable deal. £7m for a 27yr old with a year remaining on his contract is very good business

It certainly is good business for Brighton.

And whilst no Brighton fan should be delighted, players come and go all the time and just because a Reading fan or two says they aren't bothered about Norwood going, it doesn't mean that he isn't going to be a great success at Brighton.

Jan 10, 2014
Burnley certs for relegation in my book and Stephens would have a better chance of playing in the Premier League next season by staying put.

I don't think you should have been drinking what with you being a Driver.

So by staying at a club that isn't in the Premier League rather than going to one that is, he'll have a better chance of playing in the Premier League the season after? HIC!

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
It certainly is good business for Brighton.

And whilst no Brighton fan should be delighted, players come and go all the time and just because a Reading fan or two says they aren't bothered about Norwood going, it doesn't mean that he isn't going to be a great success at Brighton.

Norwood ISN'T Stephens' replacement! Suspect we will buy again IF Dale leaves.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
£7 million is good business, especially considering his contract is up in July. He clearly wants to leave, it could well be his only chance to play at the top level and he gets a move closer to home, so won't begrudge him that.

He's been a very good player for us but time to move on. Hopefully this will give us the financial clout to get the missing number 10/striker and a quality CB in before the window shuts. I think Norwood is his replacement and I think he will prove to be capable of filling Dale's boots.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I don't think you should have been drinking what with you being a Driver.

So by staying at a club that isn't in the Premier League rather than going to one that is, he'll have a better chance of playing in the Premier League the season after? HIC!

Yes as you are coming down. The bit I'm not sure about is if we can go up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here