Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail match report vs Liverpool

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Chris Sutton, that well know BBC 5Live pundit who, for some reason, has it in for #teamslikebrighton made Danny Welbeck the diver of the week for his penalty antics Saturday. Sorry, did the camera move away because I must have missed it.

Sutton, Mohammad....they had some shockers. Turned into low brow dros, gave up on it a couple of years back after descending to Talk Sport level

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Out of curiosity to see what had upset the OP about the Mail match report, I googled Daily Mail Football Brighton. I can only assume the OP saw a different Daily Mail match report - this one seems very reasonable and well balanced. For instance, "This result, which took Liverpool a point clear of Spurs at the top, will not have improved his (Klopp's) mood. In many ways, they were lucky to escape with a point."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-vs-Liverpool-Premier-League-live-result.html

Just for the record, I hate and detest the Daily Mail and all its readers and wouldn't give the filthy rag house-room. Is that OK with everyone?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Ok, ok I know it’s the DM and only fascists read it, but I like the letters page 😀

Today’s centre page match report of our match against Liverpool makes no mention of a single Albion player (until the ex referees assessment). It really is all about Klopp.

It’s a bit silly to suggest only fascists read the daily mail when a lot of middle class Middle Aged people read it . Yes it’s quite reactionary and has an agenda but so do most newspapers including the Guardian . For example the guardian’s agenda is different , ie anti monarchy , anti business , anti American , pro demonstrations of any type etc but it’s still got an agenda that many people find childish .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ok, ok I know it’s the DM and only fascists read it, but I like the letters page [emoji3]

Today’s centre page match report of our match against Liverpool makes no mention of a single Albion player (until the ex referees assessment). It really is all about Klopp.
Don't you remember when Sportsnight or Granstand use to show The Harlem Globetrotters annual trip to London? They " played" a nondescript British basketball club who were there just to be the stooges, the straight man, while the Trotters showed off their tricks.. No one cared about the stooges then either.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It’s a bit silly to suggest only fascists read the daily mail when a lot of middle class Middle Aged people read it . Yes it’s quite reactionary and has an agenda but so do most newspapers including the Guardian . For example the guardian’s agenda is different , ie anti monarchy , anti business , anti American , pro demonstrations of any type etc but it’s still got an agenda that many people find childish .

A fairly gratuitous dig at the Guardian there!.....

...... and a bit unfair.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Out of curiosity to see what had upset the OP about the Mail match report, I googled Daily Mail Football Brighton. I can only assume the OP saw a different Daily Mail match report - this one seems very reasonable and well balanced. For instance, "This result, which took Liverpool a point clear of Spurs at the top, will not have improved his (Klopp's) mood. In many ways, they were lucky to escape with a point."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-vs-Liverpool-Premier-League-live-result.html

Just for the record, I hate and detest the Daily Mail and all its readers and wouldn't give the filthy rag house-room. Is that OK with everyone?

Hey , I like you too

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

WOW ! That's some leap of the imagination ! Maybe you should just read what they print and stop looking for hidden agenda's that are so well hidden that they don't exist ?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

I think you are looking at Oliver Holt’s report in yesterday’’s Mail on Sunday rather than Daniel Matthews’ effort in today’s Daily Mail, that I was referring to. They are completely different publications.

You have Strong opinions about millions of people you have never met.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

You missed my smiley!

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011

All newspapers 'have an agenda', but your summary of The Guardian's is way off target.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Chris Sutton, that well know BBC 5Live pundit who, for some reason, has it in for #teamslikebrighton made Danny Welbeck the diver of the week for his penalty antics Saturday. Sorry, did the camera move away because I must have missed it.
He's a total cock. Also a massively overrated player.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No I don't. You have a strong inability to recognise irony.

Ok - you recognise my “strong inability” etc. Did you see the main thrust of my reply regarding the difference between the Mail on Sunday and the Daily Mail?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
WOW ! That's some leap of the imagination ! Maybe you should just read what they print and stop looking for hidden agenda's that are so well hidden that they don't exist ?
LBTS has a great and long tradition of being wrong about most things.

Why change the habit of a lifetime?

I like the way that they have stopped the clip just before Danny Wellbeck holds his foot whilst lying on the floor, so that they can claim that he stumbled as opposed to putting his weight on a foot that has just been kicked and going 'ooh, that hurts a bit more than I thought it was going to' and then falling to the floor:

Yeah ive had that when knocking my knee against a door or table. initially dont react then suddenly get a shooting pain and realise that it did bl**dy hurt!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sunday Times was very similar, almost 2 pages of Klippety, I think the last line of the article was that Brighton should stay up

Laughable but that is modern Football...

I read it and thought same. It's partly why I don't buy papers anymore. I don't care about mo salahs new shinpad deal, in depth, when I'd prefer to read about 86 other clubs and the matches they played.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I read it and thought same. It's partly why I don't buy papers anymore. I don't care about mo salahs new shinpad deal, in depth, when I'd prefer to read about 86 other clubs and the matches they played.
I’m the same - fed up with the main stream papers, in particular their sports coverage. I complained to the Mail last season when their match report in the Monday edition about our match v Citeh said absolutely nothing about us and simply focussed on Laporte’s injury and how devastating it was going to be for them. The Mail responded that the Mail on Sunday gives a detailed match report and the Mail report on Monday focuses on a key area of interest from the match, not the match itself. Part of what I miss about playing in the lower leagues is being able to read a good match report about us in the Football League paper. I’ve not yet tried The Athletic - has anyone got a view on that?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m the same - fed up with the main stream papers, in particular their sports coverage. I complained to the Mail last season when their match report in the Monday edition about our match v Citeh said absolutely nothing about us and simply focussed on Laporte’s injury and how devastating it was going to be for them. The Mail responded that the Mail on Sunday gives a detailed match report and the Mail report on Monday focuses on a key area of interest from the match, not the match itself. Part of what I miss about playing in the lower leagues is being able to read a good match report about us in the Football League paper. I’ve not yet tried The Athletic - has anyone got a view on that?

Well done you for taking up. I just stopped purchasing.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Yes but...
You read it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here