Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail match report vs Liverpool

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ok, ok I know it’s the DM and only fascists read it, but I like the letters page 😀

Today’s centre page match report of our match against Liverpool makes no mention of a single Albion player (until the ex referees assessment). It really is all about Klopp.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ok, ok I know it’s the DM and only fascists read it, but I like the letters page ��

Today’s centre page match report of our match against Liverpool makes no mention of a single Albion player (until the ex referees assessment). It really is all about Klopp.

Doesn't surprise me, to be honest.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Ok, ok I know it’s the DM and only fascists read it, but I like the letters page 😀

Sunday Times was very similar, almost 2 pages of Klippety, I think the last line of the article was that Brighton should stay up

Laughable but that is modern Football...

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sunday Times was very similar, almost 2 pages of Klippety, I think the last line of the article was that Brighton should stay up

I was wondering if Maupay had written it 😀

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Henry Winter in today's Times:

Magnificent March gives Brighton wings
Solly March. Slightly lost in all the noise and controversy at the Amex was what a good game the Brighton & Hove Albion left-wing back had. It was not only March’s dribbling and crossing that impressed but also his defensive contribution, winning four out of five tackles and making two interceptions, all underpinned by his prodigious work rate. Responding positively to Graham Potter’s wing-back system, the 26-year-old has become a really important performer for Brighton.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Solly March. Slightly lost in all the noise and controversy at the Amex was what a good game the Brighton & Hove Albion left-wing back had. It was not only March’s dribbling and crossing that impressed but also his defensive contribution, winning four out of five tackles and making two interceptions, all underpinned by his prodigious work rate. Responding positively to Graham Potter’s wing-back system, the 26-year-old has become a really important performer for Brighton.

Winter is a proper journalist, becoming a very rare thing these days.

Dec 29, 2011

He lives in Brighton..

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Chris Sutton, that well know BBC 5Live pundit who, for some reason, has it in for #teamslikebrighton made Danny Welbeck the diver of the week for his penalty antics Saturday. Sorry, did the camera move away because I must have missed it.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Chris Sutton, that well know BBC 5Live pundit who, for some reason, has it in for #teamslikebrighton made Danny Welbeck the diver of the week for his penalty antics Saturday. Sorry, did the camera move away because I must have missed it.

It's a well know fact Chris Sutton is a bonafide ****wit.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Yeah he went down as the camera panned away.
You can see it on the extended highlights.

He knew it was a foul, it won't be looked at if he doesn't go down.
What's he supposed to do?
Not a dive by any stretch of the imagination.

Edit: tbf, getting kicked in the foot by a defender trying to clear the ball, is pretty painful.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
When March was first mentioned as a possible England player I must admit I thought it was a bit OTT, but he really has flourished. If he can develop a little composure in and around the 18 yard box that would be superb. He’s got to be in the conversation for our POTS.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
TBH I though Welbeck was quite brave to put his foot there and he did touch the ball. For all his ability, Robertson took a fourth division hack at the ball and really get what he deserved. It was a foul and it would have been a free kick anywhere else on the pitch. You could see that Welbeck was hurt by it by his reaction when he got booted. And, yes, as someone else said, getting booted under your foot is not a pleasant experience.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020...inst-liverpool/comment-page-1/#comment-120118

This junk fans’ report has “another angle” that shows Welbeck didn’t dive so it couldn’t have been a penalty despite admitting that Robertson did physically kick his foot.

I like the way that they have stopped the clip just before Danny Wellbeck holds his foot whilst lying on the floor, so that they can claim that he stumbled as opposed to putting his weight on a foot that has just been kicked and going 'ooh, that hurts a bit more than I thought it was going to' and then falling to the floor: Something we've all done when taking a knock. Well, all of us except for the former professional footballers Chris Sutton and Danny Murphy who apparently had decades long careers without ever experiencing this.

Whilst we're moaning about match reports, Jim White in The Telegraph talks about how good a chance we had to take something off Liverpool considering their 'paucity of resources' for this game. According to the (admittedly fairly innacurate) Transfermrkt valuations, the team they started with had a market value of about £420 million. They then brought £150 million of subs on. If that's what he considers a 'paucity', I wonder what he would class as a 'plethora'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My inner monologue reads the opening post with a level of surprise that isn't backed up by the thread title. :lol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here