Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daily Mail article 'A reminder of what it's really all about'

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
To-day's Daily Mail has a photo of the 17th Middlesex regiment from WW1 which seems to include three Albion players from that era -Billy Jones ('The Tipton Smasher'); Billy Booth and George Beech - all Privates. All appear to have survived the fighting but does anyone know where there 's more information on these gentlemen?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
George Beech played eight times and died in Brighton in 1964, Billy Booth made 369 appearances (!) and died in Brighton in 1963 and Billy Jones, well I can't find out anything about him. He's not in Tim Carder's Albion A-Z as far as I can see.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Billy Booth was the grandfather of a former work colleague of mine. She barely knew him as he died when she was a baby but she was pleased to discover that he was quite a big name in Brighton

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
George Beech played eight times and died in Brighton in 1964, Billy Booth made 369 appearances (!) and died in Brighton in 1963 and Billy Jones, well I can't find out anything about him. He's not in Tim Carder's Albion A-Z as far as I can see.
More info on Billy Jones found on his wiki page. A sad ending to his life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here