Dailey mirror today Ashley barns to Bristol city

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
As I said above I think it was part of the plan, we had alot of strikers last season, We all know Gus was not convinced he had a 20+ goal machine last season, I think its a bit of a clear out to get the players Mr Poyet realy wants

part of a deal to bring nicky maynard to falmer would do me:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can we get some more players in before we continue selling all our best players?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Get real... there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY ON EARTH we are gonna let Barnes go... if we did, we would need to sign THREE strikers...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
1. Sign the reported £3m striker
2. Sell Barnesfor £1m+
3. Re sign Murray on less wages than offered, as back up.

You are talking b0ll0cks...

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Shame this potentially interesting thread has been so heavily smugged out by the spelling police.

As for Barnes, well every player has his price.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are talking b0ll0cks...

Why do you say that?

Murray, according to reports hasnt signed for CP and is having 2nd thoughts but Gus has said the original offer is not on the table a la Calderon last season.
Murray would be a better back up than Barnes who is destined to be a back up this season if we sign the much runmoured £3m striker.

Oct 25, 2003
barnes only scored what, 2 goals less than murray last season? he also played in less games

and is younger............it took me a while to warm to barnes but now i think he's a great asset to the club

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Why do you say that?

Murray, according to reports hasnt signed for CP and is having 2nd thoughts but Gus has said the original offer is not on the table a la Calderon last season.
Murray would be a better back up than Barnes who is destined to be a back up this season if we sign the much runmoured £3m striker.

WHAT!?!!!! Murray hasn't signed for Palace? Didnt we alls ee him in the shirt and everything? Where on earth does it say he hasnt signed for Palace?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why do you say that?

I don't believe that Muzza would come back, or we would accept him back, after what has happened...
I don't believe we would sell one of the ONLY 2 first-team squad strikers currently on our books...

Apart from that, everything you say makes perfect sense...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Why do you say that?

What reports would they be?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was reported that Dougie Freeman was getting worried as Murrays agent, ex Palce player Bobby Bowery was still touting him about and that GM himself said he had made a mistake and wanted to resign for BHA but Gus had said the original offer wasnt still on the table.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
It was reported that Dougie Freeman was getting worried as Murrays agent, ex Palce player Bobby Bowery was still touting him about and that GM himself said he had made a mistake and wanted to resign for BHA but Gus had said the original offer wasnt still on the table.

gullible

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

reported where ?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

That was massive HEARSAY. The reason that we haven't seen him with a Palace shirt yet is that technically he is still OUR player until the end of next week.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Shame this potentially interesting thread has been so heavily smugged out by the spelling police.

As for Barnes, well every player has his price.

Glad it's not just me that gets more annoyed by loads of posts of mockery about bad grammar/spelling, rather than the bad grammar/spelling itself.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Interesting. I was contacted yesterday by a mate who supports City and he asked about Barnes as " he is one of our managers targets"

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That was massive HEARSAY. The reason that we haven't seen him with a Palace shirt yet is that technically he is still OUR player until the end of next week.

Probably true but could well be a last ditch effort by Murray to geta contract with us. Gus said Calderon would never be welcome back and wouldnt be returning so until GM signs there is always a hope that he will still sign for us as I think he is a better striker than Barnes. Not sure how Gus sees it though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports