Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dahoud "In the end it just didn't work out"

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Craig Davis - looked like he was trying too hard and was really desperate to score but it just didn't happen for him and then some fans turned, forcing him out. He was then successful at the clubs he played for after he 'd left us
He was patchy throughout his career, was great and then shit, then great again, every time he changed clubs.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That's a bit harsh. Steve Gatting was quite an actually pretty decent at cricket.
Steve was a decent player for Preston Nomads and Mike could kick a ball and played a reserve game at the Goldstone (sadly I was there). But Mike never played for Arsenal and Steve never played cricket for England.

That was actually my subtle point.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Steve was a decent player for Preston Nomads and Mike could kick a ball and played a reserve game at the Goldstone (sadly I was there). But Mike never played for Arsenal and Steve never played cricket for England.

That was actually my subtle point.
Yes I know, and my rather subtle point was trying to imply you were harsh on Steve saying Joe had the same talent as him for cricket.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Signing players from The Netherlands should always come with a health warning. Mark Farrington came from Feynoord. Locadia came to us from PSV. Then there was Danny Holla!
MF, He was absolutely f***ing shit . . . Incredible really, he wouldn't have got in the 96/97 reserves squad.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yep. I found it odd when he and Locadia always got lumped in together as to my eye he had TONNES more natural talent than JL - he was however very lightweight, slow, and maybe a little too fragile for the demands of the Premier League.

I wasn't surprised to see him continue to do well once he left.
Never understood why he got dropped after scoring against Chelsea and Stoke(?) when scoring was very difficult for us....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He will always have that goal against Palace though. Incredible.
I'll always have a soft spot for Andone for that. Absolutely up there in my top 5 Amex goals. I absolutely lost my mind.

By all accounts he was an absolute bellend though.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports