Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dagenham & Redbridge Photo's

Duncan Muir

Dec 29, 2008
Laughton, East Sussex
Arrived at the stadium with my Wife and 2 Sons at 10.40am only to be told it was called off 20 minutes earlier - Oh how we laughed !!!

Still at least they let onto the pitch to do our own pitch inspection - it was rock solid !! ........ and I got a programme. Now that could become a collectors item !

Attachments

• nsc.jpg
    nsc.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,428

Eastbourne Stripes

Smith must score
Jun 8, 2009
Eastbourne
i got there too, personally i think its a discrace it wasnt called off before today unlike the notts county game daggers were making no effort to thaw the pitch, and the forcast for yesterday and xmas eve were below freezing this should have been called off xmas eve, exspense i can ill afford!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Despite the bitter cold it looked as if it was going to be a nice day in East London.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
i got there too, personally i think its a discrace it wasnt called off before today unlike the notts county game daggers were making no effort to thaw the pitch, and the forcast for yesterday and xmas eve were below freezing this should have been called off xmas eve, exspense i can ill afford!

So you travelled there, inspite of being fully aware that it has been sub-zero for the past few days and no efforts were being made to thaw the pitch.

And you expected what, exactly? A game of football. Really?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I take it you wasn't planning on going to the game then?

Err, no. It has been minus 7 at night in Essex every night for the past ten days, rising to no more that minus 4 during the daytime.

Frankly, why anybody even considered travelling to Dagenham today is beyond me :shrug: The game was never going to be played.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Err, no. It has been minus 7 at night in Essex every night for the past ten days, rising to no more that minus 4 during the daytime.

Frankly, why anybody even considered travelling to Dagenham today is beyond me :shrug: The game was never going to be played.

If it was pay on the gate then no, I probably wouldn't have bothered risking it.

Having shelled out £35 for the tickets though, and being told up until a couple of hours beforehand that it was on, you don't have much choice but to travel really.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010

Well look at you smart arse. What a prick you really are. When a club has a pitch inspection less than 24 hours before and say yes the game is on with no further inspection planned then i think any right mended person who doesnt live in Dagenham could be forgiven in thinking the game might actually be on.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
The ref was happy for the game to go ahead. Poyet saw the pitch and refused to let us play. FACT.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well look at you smart arse. What a prick you really are. When a club has a pitch inspection less than 24 hours before and say yes the game is on with no further inspection planned then i think any right mended person who doesnt live in Dagenham could be forgiven in thinking the game might actually be on.

I don't live in Dagenham, I live 40 miles away.
If watching the weather forecast and then being able to form my own decisions makes me a smart arse / prick, then okay :shrug:

Still, you must be disappointed. Was it a school trip?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Can anyone tell me why clubs bother with covers when clearly they don't protect the ground from freezing?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

I for one didn't want to risk missing the match by not bothering to go, having paid a fair sum of money and the club 24 hours beforehand giving the all clear. That's why people 'even considered travelling to Dagenham today'.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't live in Dagenham, I live 40 miles away.
If watching the weather forecast and then being able to form my own decisions makes me a smart arse / prick, then okay :shrug:

Still, you must be disappointed. Was it a school trip?

Did you see Ipswich v Leicester the other night ? Frankly, if that game was on then ANYTHING is possible.

And again, if you've already gone and bought the tickets then until they say otherwise, there's nothing else you can do but to travel. Easy to say after the event that "it was always going to be off", but having already spent out on the game, its taking a bit of punt just to make your own decision and gamble on it being binned.

Still, it got me out of the house for a few hours.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The ref was happy for the game to go ahead. Poyet saw the pitch and refused to let us play. FACT.

No it's not

It's supposition based on nothing more than someone's angst and is directly contradicted by all official reports

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If the ref had called the game on and Poyet had refused to put his team out, then we would be BANG in trouble.

FACT.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I was told that the Ref was happy to play if the managers were. I used fact b'cos it seems to be the North Stand Chat way. Makes sense to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here