Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dagenham match is already in doubt - CALLED OFF (Merged*8)

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Boro v crawley off which is a shit cos i was gonna pop down and watch that later, mates just rung me having walked the pitch with the ref and its frozen solid, hope pitch isnt same at daggers

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Stupid pointles thread. I know lets all make up a time for a make believe pitch inspection. I'll go for 14.59!!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's going to be -3 in Dagenham today, the pitch has been covered , is that really enough to call off a game inthis day and age?if so, then that is quite sad.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I hadn't noticed any new snow, or poorer conditions since the game was confirmed as being on. I worked that out by looking outside and watching the weather forecast.

Er, it is definately colder than forecast? As the poster above states - by aprox 5 degrees!

It's bleedin' obvious to all that their statement 2 days ago was subject to change. How many times did we say the Notts game was on before finally calling it just an hour before kick-off?

Come on, show some intelligence!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Silly me, no place on this board for thought is there :laugh:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Forecast now says it will be 0 today inDagenham, looks a bit more positive. What do others think?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Forecast now says it will be 0 today inDagenham, looks a bit more positive. What do others think?
Yes but it's overnight when it was -7 - -10 that the damage may have been done! It's hardly going to start defrosting at a tropical 0 degrees now is it? Hope I'm wrong though and all their hard work pays off

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
Leyton Orient just been called off and they had there pitch covered like Dagenham have so looking grim

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
People should just chill. :smokin:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

I'm about 30 miles north-east of Dagenham, and it is bleedin' freezing (well into sub-zero) and has been for about the last 10 days and nights now.

I'd be surprised if the match goes ahead, to be honest.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Just spoke to the club, covers have just come off, sun is out. Ref will be inspecting the pitch as soon as he arrives- he's due at the ground at 11.....

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Just spoke to the club, covers have just come off, sun is out. Ref will be inspecting the pitch as soon as he arrives- he's due at the ground at 11.....

Good post bristol seagull.....glad to see that you are posting relevant questions and information...as opposed to.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here