Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dagenham match is already in doubt - CALLED OFF (Merged*8)

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Just got home, 3 hours and lots of expensive diesel down the drain! Arse! Here's hoping the Charlton game goes ahead.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He said it was playable, I think you'll find Poyet is the one that refused to let the game go on.

still can't find confirmation of this anywhere than on here (in fact exactly the opposite) so unless someone else can...............................

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
Got to Pease Pottage to find out the pitch was ready and playable, Dagenham wanted to play and Poyet refused. Now we've got to face a huge fixture pile up and it all might get abit too much.

How do you know this? Do you work for the club? Anyway the final decision is made by the referee.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It should have been called off xmas eve or yesterday. The forecasts were there.:angry::angry:
We got an hour out from Worthing but cant help getting pissed off with late inspections now. Easy to be understanding when you dont actually go.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It should have been called off xmas eve or yesterday. The forecasts were there.:angry::angry:
We got an hour out from Worthing but cant help getting pissed off with late inspections now. Easy to be understanding when you dont actually go.

amen to that - don't really need hinsight to realise it could easily have been called off after the christmas eve inspection and a weather forecast that showed temperatures at freezing or below up to kick off - maybe no-one could have forseen the extra -5 temperatures but if "football" had any real concern for fans it should have been postponed then

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003

Agreed, which part of -4 on the overnight forecast did they not understand! Made it to the m25 before the about turn at whatever junction it was. Oh well another midweek game to fit in!

Dandyman

In London village.

It's been getting warmer up here for a few days. It's the pitch not anything else that seems to have caused the problem.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Only knew it was off when I got there checked when I left at 10 and not a word about it being at risk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Set off from Manchester at 7.15 this morning, and just arrived back home.

BOO to climate change.

I blame the LEFTIES.

Just got home...... But not after arriving at ground at 1145. Now I was only at the top of the M23 when this was supposedly called off. Why can't the club text me or something. I did have the radio on, but had just lost Radio Sussex and could not reach Radio Essex.

Anyhow, to make matters worse, once we got there, my lad and I were desperate for a footy fix. So went online to see what games were going ahead. Off we headed, further down the A13, thru the Blackwall tunnel to watch the Charlton game..................................

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
It's been getting warmer up here for a few days. It's the pitch not anything else that seems to have caused the problem.

Very cold in Essex last night. D&R were told by the weather forecasters that the warmer air would arrive last night. It didn't. It's likely to be here tonight. Late postponements at Charlton and Ipswich. Pitches take a long time to thaw.

I blame all the air passengers whose carbon has warmed the Arctic and switched off the Gulf Stream. Simon Calder must go!

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Just got back to Bristol thoroughly pissed off.

Got as far as South Mimmms when postponement was announced on Radio Five. Stopped at the services for a quick coffee before setting off home again.

Held up for an hour and half on the M25 at the M1 junction in the road works. When I finally arrived at the scene, all that appeared to have happened was that four cars had run into the back of one another 25 yards from the start of the outside lane contra flow.
How on earth can it take that long to get past the scene.

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Got 08:07 from Brighton this morning. Managed to get on to Docklands Light Railway as far as Shadwell before finding out. Thanks to ASLEF to$$ers no bluddy tubes today. London Buses are krap. Seen the sights of London today though! Caught 12:10 back from Victoria.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I got out of bed at 12:30 to find out the game was of, gutted cos I had the radio at the ready and EVERYTHING!

Guilligomarc'h Gully

Vive Les Mouettes!
I got out of bed at 12:30 to find out the game was of, gutted cos I had the radio at the ready and EVERYTHING!

Thanks a bunch! Dagenham is lovely at this time of year. Sun shinning, car parked very near to the ground. Same as several others. Game on when we set off. BBC SCR faded away by the M23. All I can report is that the Dagenham McDonalds sells the same rubbish as elsewhere but is clean. Not even a live game on TV when I got back. There must be a better way to organise these things!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
We turned around after just joining the M25.
Not being funny, but why on earth were some people at the ground? It was called off two and a half hours before kick-off, and most people have a mobile with internet, or someone who can let them know if they hear anything surely?

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
We turned around after just joining the M25.
Not being funny, but why on earth were some people at the ground? It was called off two and a half hours before kick-off, and most people have a mobile with internet, or someone who can let them know if they hear anything surely?

Some people who got train probably went to the pub? :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here