Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dad's Army.

Smith DID score

formerly Harvey's Best
Apr 25, 2009
Worthing
Why film it Yorkshire? there must be somewhere down south Kent or East Sussex which would be better? Warmington-on-Sea is supposedly near Eastbourne.

The '70's feature film was done in Kent wasn't it?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
its all down to the writing really, if they hit the right note with that cast, it might work. they have to avoid playing the original actors playing the roles, if you see what i mean.

I strongly disagree. Playing the original actors playing the parts is the absolute key to success with this film.

Dad's Army was all about the cast and the character simularities in real life.

John Le Mesurier was just like that and Arthur Lowe never really fulfilled his potential. His stardom came very late in life and was offered numerous Hollywood parts but turned them down because the producers wouldn't allow cast his actress wife.

Expect it to a turkey like the Steve Martin Sgt. Bilko film.

Classics are best left alone.

Because he didn't couldn't play Phil Silvers and therefore was disastrously cast.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why film it Yorkshire? there must be somewhere down south Kent or East Sussex which would be better? Warmington-on-Sea is supposedly near Eastbourne.

The '70's feature film was done in Kent wasn't it?

The original series was actually filmed in Norfolk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If they can entice my dad to watch it while drinking a can of Webster's Yorkshire Bitter and unobtrusively dropping his hat now and again it'll be like a second childhood for me. I'm all for it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Some decent actors in this, Daniel Mays will make a very good Walker and I couldn't think of anyone better to play Pike than Blake Harrison.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Some decent actors in this, Daniel Mays will make a very good Walker and I couldn't think of anyone better to play Pike than Blake Harrison.

My immediate thoughts, before I read the article was that it was going to be Ralf Little and he would be perfect for the role, but very happy with Blake Harrison.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here