Daddy's first school run

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

meeching gull

Sep 18, 2010
Boat Alley
My neighbours boy has just started at tideway after finishing at harbour primary (Southdown), when he was at harbour she insisted on driving him to & from school most days.
The school is approximately 2 minutes walk at the most, those of you who know where harbour primary is on church hill will know just what an arse of a road it is 30 mins each side of the school day starting/finishing so East Sussex in their infinite wisdom have merged grays & Southdown and are putting all of the children into the old Southdown site on church hill from September next year doubling the number of pupils. There will be accidents as the road outside the school is not adequate now let alone when reception, year 1 & year 2 roll up next year.

Rant over :)

Ive heard a new primary is being built up by Tideway in the near future and no one
knows what is happening to the old Greys site along western

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Ive heard a new primary is being built up by Tideway in the near future and no one
knows what is happening to the old Greys site along western

There's some sort of covenant on it meaning it can only be used "for the educational purposes"

meeching gull

Sep 18, 2010
Boat Alley
Heard t was left in Will from doctor in the late 60's saying it must be used for educational puposes but what with the Hillcrest Centre and Denton Island how much
space is needed in Newhaven for educational purposes

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Exactly.
The mucking about on the bus was the good bit untill my school was banned from the buses!

The fave game was "Punch A Herbie. Essentially you and a mate had to see who could register the most sightings of VW Beetle by thumping them in the arm. Simple violent fun based on the anticipation of known parked Herbies and those that might drive by randomly.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The fave game was "Punch A Herbie. Essentially you and a mate had to see who could register the most sightings of VW Beetle by thumping them in the arm. Simple violent fun based on the anticipation of known parked Herbies and those that might drive by randomly.

Not sure what type of school you went to mate
We didn't need a silly game to kick the sh#t out of each other!

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
It amazes me the amount of parents at my sons school that cannot spell incredible, only joking.

I really do not get why other people care what others are doing, if it is not affecting anyone adversely then let them be

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It amazes me the amount of parents at my sons school that cannot spell incredible, only joking.

I really do not get why other people care what others are doing, if it is not affecting anyone adversely then let them be

Why are you bothered about what fans from another club are doing?
What is your point anyway?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
the cock can ask the parents of the child hit today if they were affected by what someone else did?

This cock is intelligent enough to realise that what you posted is a tragic accident. If you are silly enough to believe that it would not have happened if the parent had not driven their child to school then the answer must be for all of us to stop driving.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
This cock is intelligent enough to realise that what you posted is a tragic accident. If you are silly enough to believe that it would not have happened if the parent had not driven their child to school then the answer must be for all of us to stop driving.
You are missing the point.
Its not about driving its about mad people driving too fast past schools and parking anywhere they like around and outside schools.
Yes i drive my son to school sometimes, but park away from the school and then walk.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
You are missing the point.
Its not about driving its about mad people driving too fast past schools and parking anywhere they like around and outside schools.
Yes i drive my son to school sometimes, but park away from the school and then walk.

I thought the point of his thread was too moan about people driving to the school when they could just as easily as walk. He is also trying to throw into the mix about the child who was sadly hit by a car, I just fail to see where the link is.
As for people driving to fast near schools then they are just twats. Off topic but I have always wondered why the traffic police do not wait near schools as these idiots can be seen almost daily, but they seem to be more interested in if you are doing 80 on the motorways.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Long ago I suggested that head teachers should be given the power to issue parking tickets and the school be given 50% of the revenue raised; a 15 minute stroll each day would raise enough money to buy a minibus at some schools.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I thought the point of his thread was too moan about people driving to the school when they could just as easily as walk. He is also trying to throw into the mix about the child who was sadly hit by a car, I just fail to see where the link is.
As for people driving to fast near schools then they are just twats. Off topic but I have always wondered why the traffic police do not wait near schools as these idiots can be seen almost daily, but they seem to be more interested in if you are doing 80 on the motorways.

Maybe the amount of cars parked around schools (I'm going on a limb here and assuming most parents don't push their kids out of moving vehicles) and therefore making crossing the road far more dangerous, were also a contributing factor?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

The post about the kid getting hit by the car is just a follow up to the thread from 2 weeks back.
Agree the police should spend time outside schools.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports