Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daddy's first school run

D

Deleted User X18H

I walked both my son and daughter to Stanford Road Infants last week. It's where we school.

I saw Don Shanks play for the Albion.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
love a good car hating thread

horrible motorists exercising personal choice, what has the world come to

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
gone to Telscombe Cliffs, 3 days in and he's loving it, The kids love Miss Deller (and at this point i'm gonna terminate the post)
Sounds like a good school. Tell me more about Miss Deller, what do you think of her?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
felt the need to reply though. anyway I'll put it back into context, my rant was a bit OTT but the crux of it was that I was nearly ran over by a silver 4x4 doing about 35 in a 20 zone near the school, i could see a child in the back with the relevent school bag, I don't think i'm a hero, I'll stick to posts discussing the Cliftonvillses fry up or whether any of us have been in a "loony bin" in future if you like
Pretentious women dropping their sniveling brat of at the school gates in their heavily financed 4x4 is a common occurrence my friend you will soon get bored of it.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The thing is they clog all the roads up surrounding the school with their inconsiderate parking then moan like hell if they get booked or are asked to move on. And yes most do appear to be overweight porkers who could do with the walk themselves

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008

Maybe if they stopped using there mobile's when driving, drive within the speed limit and park on the road and not the pavement the OP would not have needed to start this thread!
oh, and stopped jumping red lights like I've seen many times on the corner of the Old Shoreham Rd and the Upper Drive.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Listen to this plank.
This has got nothing to do with slagging off motorists, you need to see some of the people that drop kids off outside schools.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I've walked all my three children to school but I don't feel the need to start a thread about it.

felt the need to reply though. anyway I'll put it back into context, my rant was a bit OTT but the crux of it was that I was nearly ran over by a silver 4x4 doing about 35 in a 20 zone near the school, i could see a child in the back with the relevent school bag, I don't think i'm a hero, I'll stick to posts discussing the Cliftonvillses fry up or whether any of us have been in a "loony bin" in future if you like
Dont worry about it too much we have one or two on here that think they are high and mighty.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Where is the car hating? This thread is about lazy kids and overly protective pampering parents. When I was at school you either walked or went by bus. In fact half the fun was the mucking around on the bus.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Where is the car hating? This thread is about lazy kids and overly protective pampering parents. When I was at school you either walked or went by bus. In fact half the fun was the mucking around on the bus.

Exactly.
The mucking about on the bus was the good bit untill my school was banned from the buses!

meeching gull

Sep 18, 2010
Boat Alley
In my final year at school I lived in Denton and went to school at Tideway. I walked it each day whatever the weather. I guess it's about 5 miles a day.

In my 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th year I had to walk to Tideway from the back of Peacehaven
I missed out on the free bus pass by a 100 yards or something stupid

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
My neighbours boy has just started at tideway after finishing at harbour primary (Southdown), when he was at harbour she insisted on driving him to & from school most days.
The school is approximately 2 minutes walk at the most, those of you who know where harbour primary is on church hill will know just what an arse of a road it is 30 mins each side of the school day starting/finishing so East Sussex in their infinite wisdom have merged grays & Southdown and are putting all of the children into the old Southdown site on church hill from September next year doubling the number of pupils. There will be accidents as the road outside the school is not adequate now let alone when reception, year 1 & year 2 roll up next year.

Rant over :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here