Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

d-day [if you are an a-level student]

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Not to great for me either :( got an E for ICT (was hopin I would get a D and think it will only be a matter of a few points to the D)) and a U for Psychology (which I was kinda expecting anyway) :(

Im hoping in the next few (working) days I will get my results for each individual paper so I know what papers im going to retake or if it is even worth retaking.

Oh well, at the end of the day I tried my best, made some friends friends at the same time and will resit where nessercy. Im not going to uni anyway and might take up a few night college courses next year after I go away travelling for a bit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well done to everyone and congratulations to my nephew Tom who got 3 As so he is off to Manchester University

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
No,thats GCSE's, now they were EASY, it would be like Man Utd playing in the Conference. A-Levels are like Brighton playing in the Champions League.

hmmmm see with GSCE's you are covering some subjects you don't want to cover, whereas with A-Levels you've chosen the subjects you want to do which helps .. but yeah the work is harder.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
bex was 7 points, 5 points and 8 points away from three c's!!!

she is seriously gutted

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004

she is seriously gutted

tell her not to be, I was in Loughborough the other week and it's one of the dullest shitholes in the country, not a place to waste your student years.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
tell her not to be, I was in Loughborough the other week and it's one of the dullest shitholes in the country, not a place to waste your student years.

she has been turned down obviously, but we are now looking through other uni's.

anyone done a foundation at uni?

Oct 25, 2003
hmmmm see with GSCE's you are covering some subjects you don't want to cover, whereas with A-Levels you've chosen the subjects you want to do which helps .. but yeah the work is harder.

the problem with a-levels is that the jump between gcse and a-level is HUGE.........far greater than that between a-level and degree

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
she has been turned down obviously, but we are now looking through other uni's.

anyone done a foundation at uni?
not done one, but know a bit about them...

they appear to be a "second best" option - usually for the reason that they are run at an FE College or "University Centre" rather than at the the university itself - with implications for quality of staff and facilities... however, that might not be true of all Fd courses

on the plus side the ultimate award of a BSc / BA following a top-up year at uni probably means that the longterm effect career wise is minimal...

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
exactly and depending to where you want to go on sucession of a completed Foundation year could lead to being placed forward to the second year of the degree you are actually after :)

she is seriously gutted

I concur here; my daughter had a place a Loughborough last year but eventually decided on Brunel for the same reason (boring/dull/sprawling campus etc) - still says it's the best decision she's ever made.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I concur here; my daughter had a place a Loughborough last year but eventually decided on Brunel for the same reason (boring/dull/sprawling campus etc) - still says it's the best decision she's ever made.

this is great ...thanks.

She has currently an offer from Brunel of a foundation course in IT and as she is under offer, she is not included in clearing.

When she firstly visited Brunel she loved it.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
this is great ...thanks.

She has currently an offer from Brunel of a foundation course in IT and as she is under offer, she is not included in clearing.

When she firstly visited Brunel she loved it.

I hope things work out for her Dave. My niece just graduated from Brunel this past year and really enjoyed her time there.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Very, very proud of my Sister's daughter who got 3 x As, and is set for Newcastle Uni. It has brought some much needed happiness to what has been a difficult year for our family.

She actually had texts from her two first choice Unis offering her a place before she knew her results, the Unis must get the results first!

Well Done everybody who got what they wanted and needed - to those who didn't, don't worry or panic - it's not the end of the world! There are plenty of us who never made it to Uni for one reason or another, but who have still done OK!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well Done everybody who got what they wanted and needed - to those who didn't, don't worry or panic - it's not the end of the world! There are plenty of us who never made it to Uni for one reason or another, but who have still done OK!

I for one went to the University of Life and it has been quite good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here