[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Haven't got a bike, just wanted to make the 8000th. post on the thread :ohmy:
:lol: great stuff.

Can we book you for post 10,000, I wouldn't want that honour to result in our first binfest.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nice work 1066, put these young pretenders in there place!!!

Everyone got the Classica San Sebastian team done?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
So, 1066 wins the Tour - by 9 points. Indurain's Lungs sneaks onto the podium - by one point.

Great Tour that. What's next?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nice work 1066, put these young pretenders in there place!!!

Everyone got the Classica San Sebastian team done?

Thank you SB.

Hats off to Cranky for a fine battle right to the very end. Thought he'd clinched it yesterday to be honest, but I got lucky today I suppose to just pip him on the line.

IL nicked a podium spot off of 1066 mini(f) by one point! The poor girl's distraught! Ruined her Summer holidays completely now. For his next trick IL will be taking candy off of a baby no doubt.

:jester:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I hate cyclists on the road but, today I was enthralled by the power of those guys! Congrats to Chris. I was surprised today how good it was watching and maybe can now understand the delight of fit young people riding bikes. Shame I'm a Victor Meldrew type of car driver!

Cranky

Jan 13, 2007
9 bloody points!!!! Well played 1066 a well deserved victory. I had the wrong 3 credit rider :banghead:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Thank you SB.

Hats off to Cranky for a fine battle right to the very end. Thought he'd clinched it yesterday to be honest, but I got lucky today I suppose to just pip him on the line.

IL nicked a podium spot off of 1066 mini(f) by one point! The poor girl's distraught! Ruined her Summer holidays completely now. For his next trick IL will be taking candy off of a baby no doubt.

:jester:

Send my apologies!

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Quick question for all on here -

Where do you guys go for second hand bikes/components? Might put a few second hand bits on my new frame and I'm in the market for a half decent mountain bike.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Where do you guys go for second hand bikes/components? Might put a few second hand bits on my new frame and I'm in the market for a half decent mountain bike.
Assuming you'd rather not be hassled by ebay head to bikeradar.

If you sign in, go to the forums, there's a classified section at the bottom.
But you have to be a member to view.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011

It's ebay for me. You get lots of components where guys have decided to strip the components off their new bikes to put on higher spec components. I build a half decent spec mountain bike a few years ago with Deore parts using ebay for less than half the price it would have cost new. Also seems like more and more bike shops are also putting their parts on ebay at very competitive pricing. It seems that I always need to replace/upgrade a part of one of my bikes but I think it's more just a love of messing about with them.

Don't think I would buy a built bike though unless I got to see it first as some people seem very selective with their descriptions.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Assuming you'd rather not be hassled by ebay head to bikeradar.

If you sign in, go to the forums, there's a classified section at the bottom.
But you have to be a member to view.

Was SB and Glanders that put me onto bikeradar and it's come up trumps for me before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports