Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Woohoo! It's TDF time - well near enough.

Here's the fantasy league for the event:
League code: 21474429

Entries close on Saturday 1 July at 2pm so there's plenty of time to forget completely all about this.

As ever, all are welcome as it improves my chances of not finishing last.

You only have till lunchtime.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Judging by the caliber of entrant and only 30 minutes left to submit teams, I think I can already declare myself winner of this years Fantasy Tour competition.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm in, did not spend any time agonising over it. Just went for it, didn't read the rules either. Sure it will be fine...

The same tactic that has never let me down in the past...

...oh.

As usual I spent longer on my country of representation, it's going to be a big year for the cycling heartland of Tuvalu:-

climate_change.jpg

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Where is the Official TdF thread? Is this not your job normally SB?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where is the Official TdF thread? Is this not your job normally SB?

I refer the honourable gentleman to post #19171

Up until the last couple of days I'd been doing an ok job of weening myself from NSC.

I did say last year was my last as I was getting so involved it felt far to much, me, me, me.
So the last thing I need is to be 'running' that thread again.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I refer the honourable gentleman to post #19171

Up until the last couple of days I'd been doing an ok job of weening myself from NSC.

I did say last year was my last as I was getting so involved it felt far to much, me, me, me.
So the last thing I need is to be 'running' that thread again.

OK, I will get it started.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hi Brighton Geeks.

I think I've asked this before but I'll be jiggered if I can find the answer, so I'll try again.

I'm looking to bring the kids over to the skate park tomorrow, on The Level. Where's a decent place to park without paying £6 for 4 hours? (unless of course that is decent and I'm just too tight)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
More seriously I do not drive, think the train station car park is not too bad cost wise. You could try the Hanover area, don't think they have made it residents only yet. Though it won't be easy to find a space. I would use the train if you do not live to far from a train station at your end.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
More seriously I do not drive, think the train station car park is not too bad cost wise. You could try the Hanover area, don't think they have made it residents only yet. Though it won't be easy to find a space. I would use the train if you do not live to far from a train station at your end.
ASLEF O/T strike.
I've not really followed these strikes and what that means in relation to the amount of trains running, but I certainly don't want to get marooned in July!!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Hi Brighton Geeks.

I think I've asked this before but I'll be jiggered if I can find the answer, so I'll try again.

I'm looking to bring the kids over to the skate park tomorrow, on The Level. Where's a decent place to park without paying £6 for 4 hours? (unless of course that is decent and I'm just too tight)

London road car park is the cheapest, turn off lewes rd by Richer sounds , its only a couple mins walk from the level, cheapest car park in town

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Hi Brighton Geeks.

You could always cycle over. :whistle:

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
ASLEF O/T strike.
I've not really followed these strikes and what that means in relation to the amount of trains running, but I certainly don't want to get marooned in July!!

You could try your luck finding a free space in hannover? Or some of the roads just behind Lewes road are free too. Depends how lucky/patient you are I guess.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Hi Brighton Geeks.

Elm Grove, or one of the side streets off it. Free, and five minutes walk.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks Geeks

I got a bit twitchy looking for a space down Washington St, as it's narrowness isn't compatible with my 'special' (not in a good way) parking skillz. Fortunately there was a space I could drive straight into past a junction.

Down to the skatepark.
Picnic lunch as a woman loudly threw up into a nearby bush.
Coffee in Nova. (the kids like the 'mugs' that the milkshakes come in).
Home for the last 10kms of Le Tour.

Happy days.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Hey this Velogames league is all right :rave:

Top by some margin right now, though a man down. I am going to struggle big time in the mountains though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey this Velogames league is all right :rave:

Top by some margin right now, though a man down. I am going to struggle big time in the mountains though.

T'is a marathon not a Snickers.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Club ride tonight. Faster 4 riders quite a way out in front on a downhill that goes straight back up again steep. The rest of us get to the dip only to see those 4 all stopped. Reason?... They'd all stopped to help a young lad on his mountain bike sort his twisted chain out and be on his way. He was able to phone his dad back up and say not to pick him up after all as all was now fine. I don't think I've seen anyone so grateful before :lol:

I do love a happy ending :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here