[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Top bike. Carbon frame and wheel trims and top speck for front and rear suspension and life time warranty.

Not bad for £3,300.

20160502_172551.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Thread is slipping.

Come on then, who's going to set up the velogames fantasy Giro league for us? Or is no one interested anymore?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Top bike. Carbon frame and wheel trims and top speck for front and rear suspension and life time warranty.

Not bad for £3,300.

That looks a beauty. Now I've moved I must dig my mtb out of the garage and get back out on the Downs. You will not be getting any compliments out of [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] mind you! :whistle:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So what do you do after winning a race, exhausted you put the bike down to catch your breathe, and woah....my back wheel is turning of its own accord...?

Pick bike back up again sharpish...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Looks like there's next to no interest in fantasy cycling here anymore.

Oh well. If anyone can be arsed...visit here : http://www.velogames.com/giro-ditalia/2016/#

NSC Geeks League Code: 05114441

I have, with absolutely no knowledge of form or whatever, selected a team and joined the league. As it stands, I am guaranteed a podium place. Being as the other two entries are 1066 and Stat I am probably guaranteed second place, too.

Result!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I have, with absolutely no knowledge of form or whatever, selected a team and joined the league. As it stands, I am guaranteed a podium place. Being as the other two entries are 1066 and Stat I am probably guaranteed second place, too.

Result!

I'd be glad with a podium spot myself if we only get a field of four. Gone fairly leftfield and still debating whether to use the wildcard for Tom D or another sprinter (given there are potentially 7 stages that even Kittel can contest!)

Had Cance not picked up a stomach bug I'd probably have just managed with him and the extra sprinter.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'd be glad with a podium spot myself if we only get a field of four. Gone fairly leftfield and still debating whether to use the wildcard for Tom D or another sprinter (given there are potentially 7 stages that even Kittel can contest!)

Had Cance not picked up a stomach bug I'd probably have just managed with him and the extra sprinter.

Oh.

I didn't know he wasn't well.

:down:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I did a team this morning and will put it in the league later....cant even remember who I picked as I did it so quick, so will probably be propping up the rest of the league again!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
No fantasy team for me, just too busy this month. Dumoulin looks a shoe in today. No value in the betting either.

Over all hoping Landa goes close as that means it will have been an interesting Giro. I like his flair.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No fantasy team for me, just too busy this month. Dumoulin looks a shoe in today. No value in the betting either.

Over all hoping Landa goes close as that means it will have been an interesting Giro. I like his flair.

No transfers involved P. Just cobble together 9 riders, stick 'em in and let it run.

Be nice to get as big a league going as possible.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
No transfers involved P. Just cobble together 9 riders, stick 'em in and let it run.

Be nice to get as big a league going as possible.

OK, done. Did not really think about it or read the rules. Should still beat Stat though :p

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
OK, done. Did not really think about it or read the rules. Should still beat Stat though :p

Good stuff :thumbsup:

Oh, and yeah, that's a given on beating SB :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I feel I'm being unfairly maligned here.

Sure I pride myself on taking longer to choose my nationality, than the riders.
I accept I don't have a clue about the scoring system.
Granted I'm no stranger to last place.

But I was 5th overall after the first stage in the Tour of Australia. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports