[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
FFS greeks. I know I'm only on last week's podium because you-know-who had a the daddy of monster rides flagged, but if I want a podium this week, I'm need gonna need a pb distance wise. Its MID February if you hadn't noticed. Well played everyone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FFS greeks. I know I'm only on last week's podium because you-know-who had a the daddy of monster rides flagged, but if I want a podium this week, I'm need gonna need a pb distance wise. Its MID February if you hadn't noticed. Well played everyone.
I do enjoy a run of big numbers, esp the 'winter' ones.

Since when has there been 46 members?

& who the feck are they? :lol: :shrug:

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I don't follow Strava these days, so who was flagged - glanders or armchairclubber?

There is a segment chasing tosser in our area who consistently flags armchairclubber. I hope glanders hasn't now become his latest victim.

Strava need to get their act together and sort out persistent wanker flaggers like that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Glanders basically rode to Oxford. Really.
He also didn't turn off his Garmin after finishing and getting in the car!

I'm looking for an early season sportive to do with Jnr.

Beyond the usual events from Wiggle and Evans there doesn't seem to be much about, have we gone beyond saturation point?

SRS only have 2 events listed.
Sure there's the Puncheur and Haywards Heath but not much else that's 'independent'.

I did notice Amberley Museum, in my back garden, now seems like a popular start point.
With even a standing next to your bike, pointing off to the middle distance event there in a couple of weeks.

The only event that properly caught my eye is the Wiggle day trip rides in France - no under 16's.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He also didn't turn off his Garmin after finishing and getting in the car!

Should have cropped it straight away. If you click on your recorded activity, there is a little spanner icon to the left, click on that and you can crop off the start or finish of your activity.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Hi Guys, new to this forum and thread, have joined the strava group- any rules that I should know about- dont want to make a t**t of myself!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hi Guys, new to this forum and thread, have joined the strava group- any rules that I should know about- dont want to make a t**t of myself!
Welcome aboard.
You've just got a 50 question test paper to complete and pass, then you're away.
Don't worry though all the answers are in this thread, so it's pretty easy.

:lol: :jester:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I had a long weekend, but couldn't get out once. :rant:

1 or 2 fewer rides on a too low seat I guess. Must get that sorted.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey between here and Strava 2 words seem to have been forgotten.

Well technically it's 1 word 1 number.
Unless of course you decide to write the number, at which point it becomes 2 words again.
Nevertheless assuming we're ignoring the hashtag, it's a simple noun and number, but I digress.

Last edited:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Blimey between here and Strava 2 words seem to have been forgotten.

Well technically it's 1 word 1 number.
Unless of course you decide to write the number, at which point it becomes 2 words again.
Nevertheless assuming we're ignoring the hashtag, it's a simple verb and number, but I digress.
image.jpeg

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
It's not so bad when you know where they are but it's incredibly dangerous if you don't. There's a proper sinkhole on New Church Road, just west of the junction with Sackville Road/Hove Street, just past the first bus stop. It's a good couple of inches deep and wide. It took significant evasive action to avoid plunging into it. I'm not convinced the council have any plans to plug any of the holes either, there's been no evidence of it so far if there is.

Hi, long time lurker of this thread..i asked for a couple large dangerous pot holes to be filled in via the the worthing council website and within a few days job done.. Not sure about Brighton, but you can always try Brightons site..

http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/con.../roads-and-highways/pavement-and-road-repairs

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here