Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I registered an interest and now have the chance of purchasing one for $200 ($190 pledge plus $10 shipping). Just weighing up whether to go for it. A few people expressed concern that it increases the Q factor (and there's no mention of whether yo get a dummy one for the other pedal to keep it symmerical - the initial release is only one sided).

I've decided to go for it - though I only got in at the $249 price. I figured that by then they'll be selling for $350 and I could always sell it for about what I paid if I don't get on with it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Had a ride on your manor today, some lovely ups and downs near Duncton.
Although not the Duncton up!!!.

There's so many variations on your ride today, even just doing it in reverse.
The run down from the Goodwood turn to the coast is great fun, helped by the fact you know you can do it almost without pedalling.

And yes Baycombe Lane is a shock to the system, the ultimate 'out of nowhere' climb.

Last edited:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Although not the Duncton up!!!.

There's so many variations on your ride today, even just doing it in reverse.
The run down from the Goodwood turn to the coast is great fun, helped by the fact you know you can do it almost without pedalling.

And yes Baycombe Lane is a shock to the system, the ultimate 'out of nowhere' climb.

We'll have to hook up a some point in the summer and you can show us some of the routes further out west as I'm not that sure never getting out that way before. Absolutely loved it today, always like trying out a new ride.
And to do that ride the other way round would be a lot more bumpier.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We'll have to hook up a some point in the summer and you can show us some of the routes further out west as I'm not that sure never getting out that way before. Absolutely loved it today, always like trying out a new ride.
And to do that ride the other way round would be a lot more bumpier.
Deffo.
In the meantime once you're familiar with the 3 or 4 roads going north to south, it makes the masses of cross country lanes easier to navigate, for the first time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll get training, I'm gonna have to up My game to hang on you your wheel. You're on fire ATM.
Thanks, this run of good weather straight after a full winter of riding seems to be working for me.
Its certainly helping with my belly, which makes all the difference.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
L-B-L.
I'm surprised Sergio Heano is around 25/1 for Sundays race.
I'm not saying he'll win, but Shirley he has a better chance than that.

Rui Costa is in the same bracket, I'd be less confident about his chances but still think he's.generously priced.

Mar 12, 2008
It's a really good ride, but annoyingly (for me) they've moved it this year.

I've not gone in for the sportives this year, preferring my own training but this used to be at the end of June and I liked doing it as a pre-Etape confidence boost. Or confidence ruiner when you realise it's nowhere near the amount of Etape climbing!

Where you headed in the Alps?

Went skiing in Alpe d'Huez recently so like the idea of heading back and taking on the 21 bends. Something like this:

http://www.cyclinginthealps.co.uk/marmotte-tour-7-nights.html

Have you conquered many of these?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's like Fleche all over again...crashes galore! :( Some big names being caught up in them too.

Lost my cycling mojo at the moment, both riding and watching, but looking forward to watching Nibs attack today to see what will come of it.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It's like Fleche all over again...crashes galore! :( Some big names being caught up in them too.

Lost my cycling mojo at the moment, both riding and watching, but looking forward to watching Nibs attack today to see what will come of it.

I know what you mean. I got into my lycra late this morning, pumped up my tyres...then put my bike away again.

And this race is dull today, isn't it? 24km to go, will we see any action?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Glad they are actually going at it today. These Ardennes races need the peloton go a fair lick to make them interesting.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stybar is hard as nails.
He's done some serious miles, in the front group, this spring.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I know what you mean. I got into my lycra late this morning, pumped up my tyres...then put my bike away again.

And this race is dull today, isn't it? 24km to go, will we see any action?

Luckily I was signed up to our local charity ride for today which forced me out. I did actually enjoy the ride once out, despite the damp weather. I wouldn't have gone out otherwise though.

Fireworks will go off in a minute, plenty of good attacking riders still left that have to do something.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Liege isn't going onto my 'cycling places id like to visit' wish list.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Luckily I was signed up to our local charity ride for today which forced me out. I did actually enjoy the ride once out, despite the damp weather. I wouldn't have gone out otherwise though.

Fireworks will go off in a minute, plenty of good attacking riders still left that have to do something.

The wet roads should make the finish interesting.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Alaphilippe will take this now I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here