Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd like to improve this one.

ansicht_0002.png

But obviously with the strip this would be more in keeping with an 'Albion' jersey.

ansicht_0003.png

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Nice to see Ben Hermans bag himself a win at Brabantse Pijl today.

I think Gilbert would approve, and bodes well for him and BMC in the coming weeks. Amstel Gold race this Sunday don't forget.

It was a really exciting watch as well. Did not look like he was going to hang on until 300 metres out, even then it did not seem certain. Brabantse Pijl is always one of my favourite races. Shame I could not catch it live this year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a bouts a North Stand Geeks top? I would definitely be up for one
Get designing, the website is a page back, it's really easy once your set.
I think I've just about outstayed my welcome with this, although I have one more pretentious one up my sleeve.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Random updates/musings -

- Although I don't share SB's zeal for stripping and regreasing :)p) I put a new chain on today alongside a removal/thorough clean of the cassette. Its a revelation, so smooth and quiet. I think the chain was a bit knackered and I realised I had a KMC missing link in a campag chain - no idea if that matters but probably best avoided!

- Tri bar update - now realising how crap our roads are round here whilst trying to ride any distance on the tri bars

- Unspeakable multi-sport event is next Sunday and the training has definitely confirmed that swimming is both boring and crap!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I absolutely have to be in the right mind set.
If I want to do a full regrease I loves it.
If I don't, it won't get done, no matter who badly the job needs to be done.

Anyway last one, I promise.
Ending on a pretentious high

Tricky One..png

Mar 12, 2008
Who is doing the Wiggle The Long One this year?
[MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] [MENTION=11738]Spreadbetting Seagull[/MENTION] ? anymore??

Think I'm gonna give this a bash in preparation for some Alps action at the end of summer.

http://www.evanscycles.com/pages/rideit-king-of-the-downs-sportive-ride-31st-may-2015

Paris-Roubaix was bloody epic, it was such an easy drive there and back, although an early start (7.30am crossing). We watched from a 90 degree left hander towards the end of carrefour de l'arbre. There was a big screen nearby but no beer tents sadly. We waited for all the riders to come through so didn't actually see the finish. Luckily we were able to follow on twitter. Lots of the Europeans seemed impressed that Brits were making the trip over.

Going to give Flanders a bash next year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Think I'm gonna give this a bash in preparation for some Alps action at the end of summer.

http://www.evanscycles.com/pages/rideit-king-of-the-downs-sportive-ride-31st-may-2015
Good stuff that'll be an excellent effort.

I was looking at that last week.
I might give it a go next year (there's always a next year), and use it as my 'carrot' to get through the winter.

I'm happy(ish) enough with the distance, but I'm still a long way off 9,000ft, more than a weeks worth, of climbing in one go.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006

It's a really good ride, but annoyingly (for me) they've moved it this year.

I've not gone in for the sportives this year, preferring my own training but this used to be at the end of June and I liked doing it as a pre-Etape confidence boost. Or confidence ruiner when you realise it's nowhere near the amount of Etape climbing!

Where you headed in the Alps?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Paris-Roubaix was bloody epic, it was such an easy drive there and back, although an early start (7.30am crossing). We watched from a 90 degree left hander towards the end of carrefour de l'arbre. There was a big screen nearby but no beer tents sadly. We waited for all the riders to come through so didn't actually see the finish. Luckily we were able to follow on twitter. Lots of the Europeans seemed impressed that Brits were making the trip over.

Going to give Flanders a bash next year.

I've done that King of the Downs twice in the last three years. Yorks Hill and Titsey Hill towards the end are killers - it's a very tough ride.

I am not doing it this year.

The Long One? I don't know...I've done it for the last three years, may give it another go.

Rides I am definitely doing: The Tour of Cambridgeshire - a closed road Gran Fondo on June 7th, Prudential Ride London 100 and L'etape de London on September 27th, which follows much of the course of stage 3 of last years TdF.

I am also flying to Nice for four days on July 22nd with some mates to cycle some of the mountains around there.

So, busy this year.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Liking this new "go to flyby's" feature on strava (haven't seen it mentioned anyway). Can click on names press play and see who was about and sharing the roads. Turns out someone I regularly ride with was only about 5 mins away yesterday riding same route both oblivious. May be good for sportives etc.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Liking this new "go to flyby's" feature on strava (haven't seen it mentioned anyway). Can click on names press play and see who was about and sharing the roads. Turns out someone I regularly ride with was only about 5 mins away yesterday riding same route both oblivious. May be good for sportives etc.

Is it a premium feature?, because I can't seem to see it anywhere.

Nice bit of sunshine today but that headwind was vicious, especially on your favourite Birling Gap to Beachy Head bit.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Is it a premium feature?, because I can't seem to see it anywhere.

Nice bit of sunshine today but that headwind was vicious, especially on your favourite Birling Gap to Beachy Head bit.

It was added for a few hours earlier today. Must be just testing but worked well and would be good for club rides. Keep a look out.

So .... who's your tip for Amstel ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It was added for a few hours earlier today. Must be just testing but worked well and would be good for club rides. Keep a look out.

So .... who's your tip for Amstel ?

Ok thanks, I'll keep a look out.
Not really done much homework yet, but Gilbert looks to be going well and it's a big target of his again. Will have a look later to see what outsiders might be worth a punt, but so far this season I haven't had a single bet come in! :-(

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Global warming is ruining these races.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here