Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't abide porridge.

Usually I will have a couple of pieces of toast (one marmite, one bovril) prior to setting off.

If I ride on Monday or Thursday, I ride on nothing but coffee - I don't eat on these days, until an evening salad with grilled fish. I have not yet found this to be a problem.
Cor blimey that's a level of discipline I couldn't get close too, and that's just the salad bit.

How do you keep your head out of the fridge?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Id eat at least 3 days food the next day making it all rather counterproductive.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
How about keeping a tab on the elevation as well.

Now you've done it.

:D

I've got a garminge2, my mate an 8. We've done identical rides before and his elevation is greater than mine. On Sunday, I did an extra hill and still his elevation was greater. Its a right old cake and and arse party.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Very excited just put a deposit on a new bike, Colnago Ace 105 2013, it's an ex demo bike so hefty discount and upgraded wheels. I have never had a full carbon bike before, it seems incredibly light and the test ride was amazing. can't wait to get hold of it.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Know what you mean [MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION], but if we're all working together totting up the elevation to complete the summits it doesn't really matter.

Then again those with the most productive readings could always volunteer to complete the highest ascents !

Anyway, just an idea for Stat to think about next time he's chasing his pro mate's backside up a climb :)

pcol

Nov 1, 2010
Yeah, but if pcol takes the advice of the Bold Seagull, he will also have to pack 15 bananas, and eat one every five miles or so. And gels. And Energy Bars.

Ride your bike BS, stop fidgeting!

My missus is a pastry chef so rather than bananas, chocolate brownies are my on bike snack. Puts some weird Peruvian maca powder in it, it's like rocket fuel sometimes.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Hit a patch of ice and had a minor off on the way to work. I haven't got a scratch, and the bike looks fine, but the rear derailleur wasn't indexing correctly for the rest of the journey. So, my project for lunchtime is to re-index the gears.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Hit a patch of ice and had a minor off on the way to work. I haven't got a scratch, and the bike looks fine, but the rear derailleur wasn't indexing correctly for the rest of the journey. So, my project for lunchtime is to re-index the gears.

Ooh you lucky thing!... a job with 4 hour lunch breaks and where swearing is allowed too - wish I had one of those. Good luck :thumbsup:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

That's a bummer. Hope its a simple fix.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Thanks all - I don't think I could have avoided this morning's off, but it has caused me to have a rethink about tyres. I'm still on 23mm wide tyres whilst the rest of the world seems to have moved onto 25mm wide. I'm at the point where the tyres almost need replacing anyway, so am open to suggestions - does it really make a difference? Someone the other day was telling me that 25mm wide tyres are just as fast, but give a much more comfortable ride.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here