Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Ah, so an Italian version of my post, but with music and video. :lol:

Reckon Cav will withdraw tomorrow, or try too take the red to Milan? I don't see him making the time cut next week. There are some monsters around the corner.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He is getting better and better, so this years a good shot. What will be the end of him, is all my money loaded on him when he was 16 and 22 to 1.

Brailsford also said he would deliver a winner within 5 years when he set the team up and he delivers on his promises...

I wasnt thinking Saturday but bet I would be excited if I had a peek at whats to come, big lumps of rock in the North of Italy I presume
The thing with Wiggo is he's definitely not going to win Le Tour, next year, or the year after.
It's now or never.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
"Hi, my name is Frank, that nasty man Rasmussen made me crash and I couldn't catch up again. It isn't fair, wah, wah, wah".

Man up you f***ing baby, it is always someone else's fault with the Schlecks, I don't think I have ever had such strong feelings against any cyclists (non cheating/ not Lance any way) as I do these two. They really do my head in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought he might have a good Giro.
Apparently there are rumblings in the camp, Bruyneel not being too popular.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The thing with these bloody finishes, is how pointless and completely unnecessary they are.

It's just adding that one last thing that ruins the whole effect.
Great racing over some really well mixed up terrain, screwed over by one last tweak.

Suffering up a mountain looks great.
But so does a rocket launched balls out sprint.

Is it just a reaction to Cav?
Were these finial bends in the Giro when Super Mario Cipollini, was tearing it a new one?

This sums up my feelings, they have split the sprints up nicely this year so the sprinters do have ride some tough stages to get their rewards. Then they ruin it all by putting a corner in inside the last km that turns the whole thing in to a lottery. If I wanted to watch a race where how well you get through one corner decided the result, I would watch four cross or downhill or some nonsense that our knobbly tyred brethren find entertaining.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Me too.
I doubt I'll even reach double figures.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
That is the problem with a big successful breakaway. It costs a lot of points if you don't have anyone in it. Hopefully I'll be able to close on SB today.

Checked my score and I got 50 points today. Can't check the league on my phone to see if I closed on people, but still in 9th. :(

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is the problem with a big successful breakaway. It costs a lot of points if you don't have anyone in it. Hopefully I'll be able to close on SB today.

Checked my score and I got 50 points today. Can't check the league on my phone to see if I closed on people, but still in 9th. :(
51 for me, hahaha

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION]'s first rule of Fantasy, dug out of a hole today.
Lots of scores around 50.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just finished watching. Pleased for Lars Bak, at last his efforts are rewarded. I like Sandy Casar too, always my fall back tip for breakaway days on TdF. Of course I didn't have any of them today - just content to sit in the peleton with the 50 odd points group and a spare transfer in the bank.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This will be 'the' t-shirt image in 20 years time:-

1337225088962-1eecxd2w0t4jm-670-75.jpg

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
50 odd? In the peleton?

I was out the back door in the bus with Cav and Theo Bos. Shocker of a day for me, only 29 points and I wasted two transfers to get that score too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here