Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] CVs with photos.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Yeah, you can't move for people selling those.

I know, Amazon is full of traders selling them[emoji6]

d9ded5c919cf168856b7af8ed5e6d9be.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You would have to send two...one for you,one for Nibble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why would I do that? We’re the same person. Nibble is my old user name.
Anyway, enjoy the match. Let’s hope we smash the porridge gobblers.
:)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’ve received a few with pics on over the years, and I don’t think it a coincidence that they’ve all been from conventionally attractive women. I find it quite annoying, if not slightly insulting to my professional integrity, that they think it’ll make a difference - same with turning up to an interview with loads of cleavage out.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I’ve received a few with pics on over the years, and I don’t think it a coincidence that they’ve all been from conventionally attractive women. I find it quite annoying, if not slightly insulting to my professional integrity, that they think it’ll make a difference - same with turning up to an interview with loads of cleavage out.

Putting aside the misguided thinking of theirs, it's also quite a gamble to assume that the interviewer is going to be a heterosexual male, or (not that i think this would ever enter their thinking) a gay female.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s a bizarre thing to do. Although CV etiquette does seem to change yearly. When I started looking for work it was address and DOB. None of that is required or encouraged any more.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Putting aside the misguided thinking of theirs, it's also quite a gamble to assume that the interviewer is going to be a heterosexual male, or (not that i think this would ever enter their thinking) a gay female.

In my case the interviewees always know that it’ll me interviewing them (and I have an unambiguously male name). That scenario certainly happened more than once to a former female boss of mine though!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
A few years back I attempt to directly for a junior PEP /sanctions screening role.

A young man took the opportunity to send me a 3 minute “cover video” with his CV. I was intrigued as hadn’t seen this before so gave it a watch. Unfortunately he came across as an arrogant know it all type which wasn’t a great start. The last minute or so was him rattling off his interpretation of the ML regs (which was incorrect) and why he didn’t agree with some of them.

I called him to say he had been unsuccessful and his first response was “have you actually watched the video” “yes, yes I have I’m afraid”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
We’ve had photos at work for decades, now we are starting to see the need for CV videos - started in media industry and starting to move into other industries. Gives the D&I people lots of issues

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
No . . . .but it does make a difference sadly.

As an engineer, its 99% men everywhere I've ever worked.

I’m not sure how old you are, but could that be due to historically engineering has not appealed to women ? Recently, on London Underground about a third of engineering apprentices are women.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I've almost never seen a cv with a photo on when people have applied to me for a job - which is weird because most people's LinkedIn profile has a picture. Then, about 2 weeks ago I got a cv with a picture on! When I opened the thread I thought this might be a discussion about a new trend.

The one I got certainly wasn't a "looker", it was from a bloke in his 50s.
Blokes in their 50s can be lookers.
As can blokes in our 60s:annoyed:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've almost never seen a cv with a photo on when people have applied to me for a job - which is weird because most people's LinkedIn profile has a picture. Then, about 2 weeks ago I got a cv with a picture on! When I opened the thread I thought this might be a discussion about a new trend.

The one I got certainly wasn't a "looker", it was from a bloke in his 50s.

Charming. I’m now withdrawing my application.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here