Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cushiest job in the world?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm off work today and it's my first day's leave for nearly 4 months. Just bumped into my next door neighbour who is a PE teacher in a private school for junior kids. He delighted in telling me that he had now broken up for the summer term and does not go back to work until the first week in September. He also gets 3 weeks off at Xmas, 3 weeks at Easter and a further 3 weeks for various half terms. In all, therefore, he probably works for slightly less than 8 months of the year for £32,000. And all for supervising kids playing football etc. Nice work if you can get it.

And yes, before anyone asks, I am bloody envious!

Are there any cushier jobs out there for that sort of money?

:mad:

Last edited:

Great bullshit quotes of our time:-

"You people never take account of how much marking and preparation time goes into a teacher's job. We don't really get 13 weeks holiday a year" - any teacher you've ever met

:rolleyes:

Just how much marking and preparation does a PE teacher do?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Lord Bracknell said:

"You people never take account of how much marking and preparation time goes into a teacher's job. We don't really get 13 weeks holiday a year" - any teacher you've ever met

Nice one My Lord, but I doubt my neighbour does much marking.

:D :rolleyes:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lord Bracknell said:

Just how much marking and preparation does a PE teacher do?

Never a truer word .... As spoken by my infant teaching ex sister-in-law.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
and all teachers bang on about it costing them an arm and a leg for a holiday in term time!

Teachers dont know there born!,

It's like being back at school!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Stealing clothes, wallets, phones and cars from gyms?

With the spending potential of the various cards and the car itself - it's about £40,000 for 10 minutes work.

And that's without the value of used boxer shorts taken into consideration.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The other classic teachers' quote: "We don't go home at 4:00 you know, sometimes we can have meetings that last until 6:00!"

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Zebedee said:
I'm off work today and it's my first day's leave for nearly 4 months. Just bumped into my next door neighbour who is a PE teacher in a private school for junior kids. He delighted in telling me that he had now broken up for the summer term and does not go back to work until the first week in September. He also gets 3 weeks off at Xmas, 3 weeks at Easter and a further 3 weeks for various half terms. In all, therefore, he probably works for slightly less than 8 months of the year for £32,000. And all for supervising kids playing football etc. Nice work if you can get it.

And yes, before anyone asks, I am bloody envious!

Are there any cushier jobs out there for that sort of money?

:mad:

Who is your next door neighbour? As I used to go to Shoreham College, and I was wondering if that's where he works.

My old PE teacher was Dennis Foreman. Ex-Brighton footballer, Sussex cricketer and now a PE teacher in a Private School. That's a life to dream about eh?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Secondary school terachers certainly have nothing to moan about as they get plenty of non-contact time to do their marking, preparation, etc. I knew one who used to boast about how early he could get home after school.

However, primary school teachers have to teach every subject and get virtually no time out of the classroom, so they do have to do all their preparation out of school hours (I know - I'm married to one!).

And being married to a teacher is maybe my own fault, but it does bug me how much extra we have to pay for our holidays.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I spose as with any job there are those who have it east and those who don't.
Just imagine teaching a bunch of 15s year old scummy little fucks from Moulsecoomb and Whitehawk for 6 hours a day, jeez.

Still i bet the 6 weeks off in the summer is pretty cool.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
My Dad retired from teaching about 2 years ago....he used to do at least 2 hours of preparation each evening...and so much administration as he was a Deputy Head Master as well...

oh the embarrassment of having a father who taught at a local school!! ;)

My older sister is the manager of a Kindergarten - and after 5 years at university, and rewriting the whole sylabus for the school - all she ever seems to do is be covering for staff who never turn up to work!! So she seems to forever be working...

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
My girlfriend's a supply teacher - she has to teach 'kids' (a six foot two inch fifteen year old is not a kid in my book) in Mitcham and central London. No amount of cash in the world would persuade me to put up with some of the shit she has to deal with (threats of rape, violence, a GUN at one point).

I reckon six weeks off is the minimum anybody would need to get over almost a year's worth of teaching the evil bastards that pass for kids these days. :mad:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
tedebear said:
My Dad retired from teaching about 2 years ago....he used to do at least 2 hours of preparation each evening...and so much administration as he was a Deputy Head Master as well...

oh the embarrassment of having a father who taught at a local school!! ;)

My older sister is the manager of a Kindergarten - and after 5 years at university, and rewriting the whole sylabus for the school - all she ever seems to do is be covering for staff who never turn up to work!! So she seems to forever be working...

Life probably is tough teaching in a secondary school but teaching PE to under 12 juniors in a cosy private school does not sound like hard work however you look at it! Throw in 4 months hols and £32K a year and you have a "nice to have" job in my view, or at the very least a cushy one.

:lolol: :lolol: :clap2:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
PE Technician at my school is a cushy job, you just collect the footballs and equipment and the like and put it in the cupboard... its Stuart Tuck's current job:wave:

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
if the programme 'teachers' is anything to go by, the p.e bloke in that is a lazy bastard and seems to be the average p.e teacher. he's also very funny!
:bounce:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
My mates a fireman and he gets so much time off he puts computers together as another job cause he gets bored.he went on holiday for a month a while back and now hes off again to Egypt for a week,and they want more money.:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here