Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Curved televisions - hot or not?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I've got a Samsung 55" curved one and for the football and boxing it is fantastic, before I had a Panasonic Viera which was good but this one blows it to bits. Well worth the money if you're thinking of getting a new one for the World Cup like I was.

Interesting. I've got a 42inch Panasonic Viera plasma and I absolutely LOVE IT. The only thing it's a bit crap for is watching in daylight (same with all plasmas).

What model did you go for?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If you had one of those, you would probably have fairly impressive home cinema kit, so all those HDMIs will go into your AV Receiver, with one going out to the TV.

Has that made up your mind?

Av receivers are so expensive, though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just a gimmick, like "ambilight" tech a few years back.

Now that most people have HD, people aren't really fussed about 3D, and it's too soon to roll out 4k, they have invented this kind of pointless technology to keep up sales.

this. pure marketing nonsence.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Interesting. I've got a 42inch Panasonic Viera plasma and I absolutely LOVE IT. The only thing it's a bit crap for is watching in daylight (same with all plasmas).

What model did you go for?

It's the UE55H8000, it has the football mode and once you get used to that it's brilliant, could even see the snot dripping out of Steve Evans nose in the play off up close. Funny enough the only down side is that it is a bit crap with direct sunlight on it but I just altered something and that is ok now.

To me it is a lovely piece of kit and those judging it without seeing it at home and working don't know what they're missing if they want a new TV

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It's the UE55H8000, it has the football mode and once you get used to that it's brilliant, could even see the snot dripping out of Steve Evans nose in the play off up close. Funny enough the only down side is that it is a bit crap with direct sunlight on it but I just altered something and that is ok now.

To me it is a lovely piece of kit and those judging it without seeing it at home and working don't know what they're missing if they want a new TV

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue55h8000/sams-ue55h8000

:drool:

Nice bit of KIT.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Most of the reviews recommend Movie mode for general viewing including watching football and think Football mode is gash.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Which is fine for a TV costing a few hundred pounds, but not for the hard core 4K beasts that are coming out now.

Going by the anorak's rule of thumb a decent AV system should cost at least the same as the TV.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I quite like the football mode but it's an acquired taste and takes a few matches to appreciate the difference

Many critics have been saying viewers will only be watching 3 England games in the World Cup in football mode and wont be using it again for 4 years :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here