Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Curtains for the BBC...

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
So what do you watch on Netflix, Amazon prime, sky and Disney+ ?
Is that not TV?

Films on Netflix, Amazon is just part of my prime subscription but I watch films, Brighton games when they're on and occasionally the grand tour. Sky is purely for football and Disney for Star Wars/Marvel.
My stepdaughter pays for Netflix and Disney as she watches them all the time, I pay for prime but mainly because I shop a lot on Amazon, and my brother-in-law lets me use his sky for football.
If the BBC ceased to exist, I wouldn't notice, other than saving £159. Still, at least we can all look forward to a price hike, one last shafting.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The BBC are full of centrist journos who have bent over backwards to be nice to the Right to save their own skins. They’ve now been properly owned and while I shed a tear for public service broadcasting, I accept the BBC were too cowardly to defend it

Regrettably, there is truth in this post.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The BBC are full of centrist journos who have bent over backwards to be nice to the Right to save their own skins. They’ve now been properly owned and while I shed a tear for public service broadcasting, I accept the BBC were too cowardly to defend it
How do you think the left would fare without it (and C4 as well)?

Leaving people to get their news and political insight from the billionaire-owned print media and crackpots on social media.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I cannot believe how compartmentalised so many people's views on this are.

"I don't like their politics so I won't miss the journalism".

"I don't watch their TV programmes so I don't like paying for it".

It's a source of important information. It plays a massive role in public involvement in democracy. It helps educate kids. It's a public service.

People who think they don't use it and shouldn't pay to me sound like people who haven't been ill so don't think they should pay for the NHS, or don't have kids so don't think schools should be taxpayer-funded.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Anyone who thinks that the licence fee doesn't represent extraordinarily good value for money for themselves and the country is an ignoramus.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Johnson pushing populist shite to detract from his own uselessness. I despise our government. The BBC is well worth the licence fee. Yet another shambles of a decision.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont think many Conservatives actually oppose it, they have a dislike of the licence fee, a perception of bias, unease of political correctness. the later might be true around the margins, in so far as they reflect changes to wider society. if you rely on BBC for your main media, you'll see that and place blame there.

main defense of quality programming doesnt really cut it any more, theres an awful lot of other decent programming out there. the licence fee is an anachronism, from a time unable to control access but few able take advantage of the service. with increase in online access it becomes increasing out of place. and why not taking more advantage of overseas success to fund/subsidise production? could be selling that quality programming world wide for more than the licence fee revenue. its time to debate about what a public broadcaster should do and how to fund it. probably paring back some of what it does with a fund from general taxation, with mainstream production working on stronger commercial basis worldwide.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What a shame a thread of such national importance has ended up in the Pit

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Well this decision will make him happy....... Peter Bone MP take a bow.....

Screenshot 2022-01-16 at 19.38.44.png

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Absolutely brilliant news. Of course this has gone down like a lead balloon on here. I swear this is a Marxist board now.

Jan 30, 2008
We all knew it was in the cards. The only difference is you and a few others think it’s a good thing.

More then a few , poor old big ears cock and balls and Jeremy vile vastly over paid and funded by the General public who have no say in the matter throw in the women working three days a week for the sake of diversity and its a cesspit of jobs for the boys and girls

Regards
DF

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I can never work out if certain people are extraordinary committed to their ridiculous online personas or if they actually are that catastrophically thick.

ees complicated.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Why has it it ended up in the Pit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Because you have twunts like the Nazi/Spence/and the (**** knows why he's back) Bag O'Shite proclaiming that it's a "Good Thing".

Brain dead muppets who get what they are asking for, and thus, it ends up in the pit.

It's genuinely too important to be here, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here