Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

curry in brum

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Can anybody recomend a top cuury house in brum dont care if its pricey as long as its good me and jr zimba love a good cuury many thanks

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There are so many it is unbelievable, although they do tend to major on the Balti houses... having said that sorry no, can't help! :lolol:

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Obviously there will be plenty in the balti quarter i'm sure, but the nicest one i've seen is called The Blue Mango, on Broad street. In a nice setting just by the canal and easy to get to. Haven't been there myself but have heard only positive reviews about the place.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I like the one at the bottom of Broad Street above the brasshouse pub, think it's called Celebrity restaurant, really nice and varied menu.

I've been to the Balti triangle a few times and it's always been bog standard shit. The problem is there's so many to choose from down there, I've never managed to find a decent one.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Take the advice I was given before going to Chinatown in Toronto, which was to avoid all the flash looking places and go for one with mainly Chinese clientelle as they wouldn't eat anywhere over-priced or rubbish. This seems to work well wherever you go, so for Birmingham try and find a restaurant with plenty of Asians eating in it and you shouldn't be disappointed.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Take the advice I was given before going to Chinatown in Toronto, which was to avoid all the flash looking places and go for one with mainly Chinese clientelle as they wouldn't eat anywhere over-priced or rubbish. This seems to work well wherever you go, so for Birmingham try and find a restaurant with plenty of Asians eating in it and you shouldn't be disappointed.

That was the way I found myself around Chinatown/Soho in London when I first moved here... make sure the Chinese are eating in them! Worked a treat.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cab to Sparkbrook, take your pick

This is the correct answer. I'm going to the Adil which is a fun and cheap and cheerful place on Ladypool Rd. it's BYO so pick up some ice cold Cobras enroute.

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010
My Brummie friend recommends either Titash on Coventry Road Sheldon or where actual Indian's eat is Desicana (sp) On Startford Road. (No alcohol)

My Brummie friend recommends either Titash on Coventry Road Sheldon or where actual Indian's eat is Desicana (sp) On Startford Road. (No alcohol)
Is that "no alcohol" as in "no alcohol"? Or "no alcohol" as in "bring your own"? I've usually found that crowded bring your own establishments in Brum are the dog's bollocks (as in "reliably excellent").

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Is that "no alcohol" as in "no alcohol"? Or "no alcohol" as in "bring your own"? I've usually found that crowded bring your own establishments in Brum are the dog's bollocks (as in "reliably excellent").

LB, that's an unfortunate turn of phrase given the subject matter! There are some "budget" ones in brum after all!

Nov 20, 2003
hove
thanks for all your tips guys will do a micheal winner type critique and let you know how it was ect lasan looks the dogs

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Much like there is only 1 (one) pub in London, I believe there is only 1 (one) curry house in Birmingham.

Best of luck finding it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here