Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

curry,breasts,beer

Col P

Feb 13, 2006
Are these the main topics of conversation I think they are............... well I have just purchased four martini glasses and currently strugling with the quantities so far we have tried 75 mil gin to 25mil vermouth with out ice far to strong but drunk it any way now the wife is trying 50 mil to 50 mil with crushed ice better but not the finished product any suggestions on the perfect martini would be welcomed we are willing to try them all:drink:

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
too much martini! you should only use enough martini to 'coat' the ice in the boston tin, use your hawthorne to drain off any excess martini. add 50 mls of high quality vodka and stir slowly (around the inside edge of the tin) cooling the vodka with the ice until the tin is too cold to touch. double strain the mixture into the glass through one of those mini-sieves and your hawthorne strainer. you should have an almost crystal clear liquid with no ice or 'bruising' of the clarity.

you need to prepare the glass aswell, ideally you'd have it in the freezer for a few hours before. you'll need a lemon aswell, take a sharp fruit knife and slice the skin very thinly so there is no pith, wipe the inside of the skin around the rim of the glass so the oils in the skin are left on the glass.

with the glass ready and the martini in it, take another similar piece of skin and bend it so it's inverted, pinch this over the surface of the martini and you will see the lemon oil spraying out onto the drink.

the martini with an olive is called a gibson martini i think and involves adding the brine from the olive into the mixture.

i really don't 'get' martinis but if i had to have one it would be a vespa martini which is half vodka half gin.

yep.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mine was a basic Gin and It (sweet martini) or Gin and French (dry Martini or Noilly Prat) as served to discerning young ladies in a a pub in the 60s.

Dont think I have sold one in about 30 years and only sell Dry Martini because her that has to be obeyed drinks it sometimes, and then its with Tonic.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
The gin should be the best and dryest you can get, pour into a chilled glass. Allow sunlight filtered through a martini bottle to strike the the glass. Perfect. Add an olive. As Spearchucker Jones told the Pros from Dover 'a man cant really savour his martini without an olive".

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Are these the main topics of conversation I think they are............... well I have just purchased four martini glasses and currently strugling with the quantities so far we have tried 75 mil gin to 25mil vermouth with out ice far to strong but drunk it any way now the wife is trying 50 mil to 50 mil with crushed ice better but not the finished product any suggestions on the perfect martini would be welcomed we are willing to try them all:drink:

Colin..pal???? Dear me.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Shaken or stirred?

Someone had to say it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here