Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Currant Bun

Sep 20, 2005
Seen today's Sun front page? All about how disgusting it is that convicted killer Learco Chindamo had a day out from Ford Prison.
If you haven't read it, here's a link http://www.thesun.co.uk/article//0,,2-2006080368,00.html
Terrible, isn't it?

But wait a minute. Look who wrote the story. Champion of law and order, The Sun's Chief Reporter and, er, convicted wife-killer John Kay, who drowned his wife in the bath in 1977 and, thanks to somebody's expensive and powerful lawyers (I wonder who?) served how long in prison?

Yep, you guessed it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Driven past Ford prison a few times when getting dragged along to that pikey market. Its basically a Butlins with barbed wire.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
1959 said:
Seen today's Sun front page? All about how disgusting it is that convicted killer Learco Chindamo had a day out from Ford Prison.
If you haven't read it, here's a link http://www.thesun.co.uk/article//0,,2-2006080368,00.html
Terrible, isn't it?

But wait a minute. Look who wrote the story. Champion of law and order, The Sun's Chief Reporter and, er, convicted wife-killer John Kay, who drowned his wife in the bath in 1977 and, thanks to somebody's expensive and powerful lawyers (I wonder who?) served how long in prison?

Yep, you guessed it.

John Kay and his wife (who was Japanese) had a suicide pact because their families would not accept their relationship. He survived and she didn't.

Not excusing him but I'm not sure it's the same thing as knifing a complete stranger.

Also - he's a reporter. Which means he reports news stories (like this one). His personal morals or views shouldn't really come into it.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Easy 10 said:
Driven past Ford prison a few times when getting dragged along to that pikey market. Its basically a Butlins with barbed wire.

played football there a couple of times aswell against some inmates - they can only play home games, wonder why......

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Crasher, if he works as a journo there shouldn't be any concern about his personal or moral views, he won't need to call on them.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Gully said:
Crasher, if he works as a journo there shouldn't be any concern about his personal or moral views, he won't need to call on them.

I think we may be confusing the paper's moral view (hang em and flog em) with an individual reporter's view.

There are, no doubt, some liberals working on the Sun and some right-wing headbangers working on the Guardian. As a journalist you have to know what stories are right for your paper's readership. What you think is neither here nor there.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yes I agree, I admit to being a little facaetious in my posting, I have a fairly low opinion of journos and should not have let personal opinion cloud my statement. This is of course exactly the point you make, personal opinion/morals should never get in the way of a story that will raise the circulation of your own newspaper.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Can you get actual proof of the court case taking place and the offence happening? I belong to another board which takes an active interest in two faced Scum journos. I know it was 1977, and the web is quite light on this (apart from two scurrilous rumour boards). Can anyone give me proof that this happened?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
HampshireSeagulls said:
Can you get actual proof of the court case taking place and the offence happening? I belong to another board which takes an active interest in two faced Scum journos. I know it was 1977, and the web is quite light on this (apart from two scurrilous rumour boards). Can anyone give me proof that this happened?

Couldn't you do some good old fashioned detective woprk like they do in the movies?

You know, get down the library, use that computer thing that has all the old newspapers stored on it and search through the local news from 1977. They always find remarkable things in them old newspaper searches.

Sep 20, 2005
HampshireSeagulls said:

The case was heard in St. Albans, if that's any help. For written "proof", look for a book called "Stick It Up Your Punter". I can't remember the author's name, but it's a funny read, a history of the Kelvin McKenzie period of The Sun.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
HampshireSeagulls said:

Perhaps you should hire someone who's good at research and investigation and knows how to dig out information.

Someone like a "two-faced scum journo" perhaps?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I can dig, I'm just being bone-idle. If I wanted two-faced journo scum, I could always PM London Irish - he's may be broadsheet, but he's tabloid at heart!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here