Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cureton wanted by Bristol City

bigfanofcullip

Aug 12, 2003
Didn't realise this Korean outfit are after a fee for Cureton.

No wonder we're not in the running.

FROM ANANOVA

Bristol City manager Danny Wilson has revived his interest in striker Jamie Cureton.

The former Bristol Rovers and Reading star is currently on trial at Sunderland after becoming homesick at South Korean club Busan Icons.

Wilson told the club's official website: "I've spoken to Jamie's agent a couple of times. There are a lot of clubs chasing him and the fact that his club are demanding a fee might prove a problem for us.

"We will see what happens at Sunderland, it looks unlikely that we will get him at the moment, but situations can change very quickly in football."

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
£50,000 was the fee last time I heard

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Still don't understand why we suddenly aren't interested in him. Mcghee was quoted as saying he was interested originally. He then said he wouldn't be pursuing it and now he has said that he can't find the right players for the club (and that money etc. isn't the issue). Doesn't make sense to me...

bigfanofcullip

Aug 12, 2003
Maybe Cureton just isn't interested and McGhee doesn't want us to know that that is the case.

Alternatively Cureton has a year left on a megabucks contract and wants a deal with a UK club where he doesn't have to take a huge pay cut.

Either way it won't be us he joins.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
bigfanofcullip said:
Maybe Cureton just isn't interested and McGhee doesn't want us to know that that is the case.

Good point. I always presume everyone would want to join us!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I still don't think strikers are a priority in McGhee's eyes.

We need midfielders and wingers more than anything.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Agreed Yorkie. We have some good young strikers and a prolific one in Knight. What we need is to address the areas of concern first, i.e. midfield and on the wing.

bigfanofcullip

Aug 12, 2003
Don't get me wrong I'd love to see a new winger here.

But don't you not think though that we need to be a little worried that we are a bit lightweight up front.

If Knight or McPhee are suspended or injured we have been playing Piercy up front.

Piercy and Knight is a very lightweight front two combo. I know Piercy scored two against Wycombe but they were the worst professional side I've seen in years.

Piercy's best position I reckon is the one Yeates plays in at the moment. I just think we need a recognised and reasonably experienced striker if we are to mount a serious promotion bid this year.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We've only got Yeates for one more month and then Piercey can take over that position.

Which will leave us woefully short in midfield. It's all a matter of priorities.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It's not bloody rocket science, before we got Rouge last season we tried to get Cureton on loan...he turned us down, now why the hell would he suddenly wanna join us (considering we've gone down as well in that time period!!)??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here