Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Playing 4-3-2-1 ish

Steele/Walton

Yappi Veltman Burn Bernardo

Alzate Sanders Molumby

Ali J Mac Alister

Zaqiri

Still a fan of the FA Cup. However, given our shaky position this is not the time for exposing key players to injury over 90 minutes. Keep a few big guns on the bench if needed. Maupay and Gross on standby if it looks like going to pens. If it works, great. If not, 'meh'.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. We haven't won for ages.
2. An FA Cup run IS fun, so I don't think we should put out a complete team of reserves.
3. We have a keeper, midfielder and attackers that need game time, so I think this should be balanced by a strong defence.

My team:
1. Steele
2. Veltman
3. Bernardo
4. Dunk
5. White
6. Molumby
7.Moder
8.Ali J
9. Zeqiri
10. MacAllister
11. Propper

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
My guess is:
Steele
Yapi
White (to give him a game in his proper position)
Burn (to confidence build)
Bernardo

Alzate
Molumby
Alex Mac

Gross
Ali J
Zaqiri

Subs bench? who knows lol. Hopefully Moder & Tau + 7.

This

Bernardo could do with a good game too, Zeqiri obviously, and score.

Gross for the calm experience and deliveries ( not sure why he was dropped as was playing very well. )

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
i would like to see Jensen Weir get a run out

Weir and Jenks both look prospects but I can see how they can be played ahead of Molumby and Sanders who've had almost no football this season and must be wondering what the club plan actually is for them.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Maybe tanimowo then?

More of a right back I believe.
Tsoungui has looked impressive but he is another we're hoping for a growth spurt.
I think we need to pick a strong defence for this.
Ostigard-Clarke-Roberts might have been an option.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
My view is that it's essential for us to win this game to add a winning mentality to the dressing room, even if it is against a League Two team.

However, the risk of playing close to our best starting XI and losing would plummet morale further. I'd like to see the kind of second XI that GP was playing in the League Cup earlier this season (Ali J, Mac Allister etc). That way it rests Dunky and co. but keeps our usual subs happy and hungry. Not sure what the point of putting the U23s is really to our current PL campaign.

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing

Brilliant idea. In normal times this would be a game that many Albion fans, especially those of a particular vintage, would dream about going to..... new ground, weekend away, result perhaps a secondary concern.....

That they are a fan owned club and are obviously struggling with the effects of COVID, and remembering the days when we were fourth tier, I would like to think that we, as a fanbase, would support this.

Vicarious pint and a hot dog, anyone?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Will be looking to rest as many as possible and I agree that should be the case as we really don't want to get distracted by the Cup this year. If we go out then so be it.

Something like:

-------Steele
Yapi Veltman Burn Bernardo
Alzate Sanders Molumby
------Ali J Alex Mac
---------Zequiri

With a load of U23's on the bench.

Suspect we might even see more U23's that I haven't heard of start if I'm honest.

My heart sinks when I see that. Folk were pretty excited when we got to the semi-final.

It's not as if Albion haven't got a large and capable squad. Sure, the eleven for City won't be starting but a team must be put out with a view to winning this match. I've had enough of cup history in this country being shat upon without supporters being infected by its ways as well.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Think it’ll be the below...

Steele

Veltman
White
Burn
Bernardo

Molumby
Propper

Jahanbakhsh
Gross
Mac Allister

Maupay

To be honest I would not be surprised to see Sanchez play, he still needs game time and with his presence against a side like Newport it may be useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here