Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will you be enjoying The Big Day

• Total voters

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Popped down to the butchers in Saffron Walden yesterday to buy either blue Manchester City sausages or red Manchester United sausages for my Cup Final day breakfast and all they had was bog-standard Lincolnshire or Cumberlands.

What’s the world come to?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think I'll watch the scotch one and follow the english one by having transparent Ceefax in the corner of the screen

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
GOUpoeSWkAAZLyH.jpg

Attachments

• GOUpoeSWkAAZLyH.jpg
    GOUpoeSWkAAZLyH.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 36

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
What a fabulous trip down memory lane. Thank you. Listings even include the specific episodes within The Pink Panther Show and a credit to Henry Mancini for the theme tune. But a feast of football fun all day. So different from today I imagine ( I haven't looked). Just a case of ' who are Man City playing this year?' The growth of this state owned club has rendered actual competitive football a myth. I lost interest in actual football this season after our final match. I might watch a bit of the Final if I tune in and Utd are being walloped. But who we appoint as manager and the summer comings and goings at Albion are my next footie interest. I might watch any Euros matches with Albion players playing but otherwise not bothered. England if Dunk plays, Germany if Gross or Undav play, and the other matches with Brighton stars on the pitch. Sadly watching England just seems boring. So no, I won't be watching much of the Euros or the Cup Final.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Waste of time.
Isn’t all football a waste of time? Surely time spent enjoying something isn’t a waste. You mean you wouldn’t enjoy it, presumably.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What a fabulous trip down memory lane. Thank you. Listings even include the specific episodes within The Pink Panther Show and a credit to Henry Mancini for the theme tune. But a feast of football fun all day. So different from today I imagine ( I haven't looked). Just a case of ' who are Man City playing this year?' The growth of this state owned club has rendered actual competitive football a myth. I lost interest in actual football this season after our final match. I might watch a bit of the Final if I tune in and Utd are being walloped. But who we appoint as manager and the summer comings and goings at Albion are my next footie interest. I might watch any Euros matches with Albion players playing but otherwise not bothered. England if Dunk plays, Germany if Gross or Undav play, and the other matches with Brighton stars on the pitch. Sadly watching England just seems boring. So no, I won't be watching much of the Euros or the Cup Final.
Shame you don’t like the Euros. In some ways, big internationals are the purest form of football now as no team can buy all the best players. All the corporate stuff around it is crap for fans but the football’s ok.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Def watch. Not bothered who wins. Would love to see a great Game lots of Goals. Maybe City 3-1 at halftime. United get level after 85 minutes...... Then it will be exciting !!

However think it more likely to be a one sided affair run by Foden, Debruyne and Haaland.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Here's a question to test your memory.
The 1972 Cup Final was due to finish at 4:40. So when was the 15 minute half time break introduced?
As a side, I'm surprised, with adverts, Sky haven't tried to have a 20 minute break. That said, the man/woman on the pitchside in touch with TV dictates when a ref can start a game by lowering their arm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports