Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Cummings (and goings)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Highest Covid deaths in Europe, worst Economic contraction in Europe, Brexit chaos looms...

The rats are jumping, the ship is sinking and they know it.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Priti please.

I am good mates with someone who worked very closely with her when she got her Home Sec role. She is, allegedly, not the sharpest tool in the box and is a bit of a bully (although he knew worse when we worked together in a ftse100). I know thats all out in the press anyway. But she seems sharper than Raab and Williamson. Nasty bunch all of them

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I am good mates with someone who worked very closely with her when she got her Home Sec role. She is, allegedly, not the sharpest tool in the box and is a bit of a bully (although he knew worse when we worked together in a ftse100). I know thats all out in the press anyway. But she seems sharper than Raab and Williamson. Nasty bunch all of them

I asked a friend of mine if he could say anything positive about any member of the current cabinet. He thought for a while before he responded 'Raab works hard. Totally useless, but works hard'.

When I said that that he didn't come across particularly well in interviews and briefings, he laughed and told me what I was seeing was the result of some of the most intensive 'empathy and media' training that he had ever seen for an individual :lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

You're talking about career politicians who are so because on the sharpness scale they sit just below sponge. ****ing useless to society in any way shape or form, hence getting into politics. They need to make enough from it as they're too ****ing stupid to retrain for anything else. I bet they couldn't hold a broom as a collective team, let alone push it.

and breath. :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think that this is highly accurate..... Gove made no bones about how " Bright " the future is looking the other day, he seems convinced we are leaving with No Deal and the subsequent trading costs, delays, chaos and probable shortages come Jan 1 st when imports/exports will struggle with as yet untried systems ..... He's running while he still can and leaving Johnson to pick up his own mess for once !

This is hilarious, I can't wait to see Johnson finally having to empty his own litter tray !

And Gove also said “there is nothing an independent UK can’t achieve” when quizzed about the world beating Corona app in the early days.

It’s all a bit of a mess is it?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Interesting.

More fallout from the Biden win and an oncoming investigation into russia's hybrid attack on Western democracy ?

I wonder if he'll go back to Moscow for a bit ? :whistle:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And Gove also said “there is nothing an independent UK can’t achieve” when quizzed about the world beating Corona app in the early days.

It’s all a bit of a mess is it?

Understatement of the century.

I'll post it properly on another thread but, briefly, I discovered yesterday our chief teaching lab technician has been effectively bullied back to work as he is pivotal for undergraduate labwork which has been deemed essential (or the students will demand their fess back - but they won't); he is shielding his wife, and now has to isolate for 2 weeks every time he goes into work. In the new year he will have to live separately from his wife for 3 months as all the students are pressed back into college. I told him to tell his line manager this is illegal. I'm absolutely livid.

That is what this country has come to. And absolute shitshambles.

And, yes, Cummings has jumped the sinking ship.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

I'll post it properly on another thread but, briefly, I discovered yesterday our chief teaching lab technician has been effectively bullied back to work as he is pivotal for undergraduate labwork which has been deemed essential (or the students will demand their fess back - but they won't); he is shielding his wife, and now has to isolate for 2 weeks every time he goes into work. In the new year he will have to live separately from his wife for 3 months as all the students are pressed back into college. I told him to tell his line manager this is illegal. I'm absolutely livid.

What does his trade union have to say about it that?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What does his trade union have to say about it that?

Don't know yet. He won't have spoken to them. He's actually depressed about the situation and frightened, and not the sort to 'cause a fuss'. The only person who knows about his distress is me, because it all came out in a correspondence yesterday (and he knows me and that I'm approachable). It's me that's angry. As it happens I have also signed up to contact teaching in January (albeit very restricted, with a car park space which is normally unheard of) but I will walk out the second I find that distancing can't be maintained. But I'm an empowered senior academic and he's a technician.

I'll be talking to my union about it later today (I'm not sure if we are both in the same union - will check later, doesn't really matter).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

It's all about the money Harry, when I came back off furlough I had to sign a declaration that I was " happy" with my company's H&S precautions designed to " protect me" but in reality, to accept working closer than 1m apart with just a medical mask as PPE for 8 hours a day!

You just have to accept that cash is king and that they can, and will, always do what is best for the business. There is little unionisation these days and leaving the EU will eventually erode what little Workers Rights are left. It's only going to get worse.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's all about the money Harry, when I came back off furlough I had to sign a declaration that I was " happy" with my company's H&S precautions designed to " protect me" but in reality, to accept working closer than 1m apart with just a medical mask as PPE for 8 hours a day!

You just have to accept that cash is king and that they can, and will, always do what is best for the business. There is little unionisation these days and leaving the EU will eventually erode what little Workers Rights are left. It's only going to get worse.

I was on furlough for a while, we had to sign stuff. you are correct, adapt or die, or just die.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here