Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Below-average to poor first half. Dominated possession as expected, but didn't look like scoring.

Palace not been great, but capitalised on their one clear cut opportunity.

Hinsh and Igor looking decent enough as full backs. Although Igor lacks the attacking prowess and pace to be a threat on the wings.

We probably don't deserve to be losing, but we definitely don't deserve to be winning.

We need to bring on Ferguson and/or Welbeck to give us more punch in the final third, if we are going to get something from this.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Mitoma has been really poor btw. He's been rested a lot but just can't seem to get into the rhythym again. I think it's like 13 games without a goal now for him.
Why don't they swap sides. Adringa looked good when he played on the left - and who knows what Mitoma might conjure up on the right wing.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So frustrating. 30 minutes of complete control then a few slack passes let them into the game, culminating in the sort of unforced defensive f*** up that should never happen at this level.
Palarse were growing into it before the goal felt it was coming

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Time for De Zerbi to REALLY earn his salt.
He coul earn his bloody salt by telling his team that Palace need us to make a mistake for them to score. f***ing embarrassing and inexcusable.

He is getting schooled by Roy f***ing Hodgson. I'm furious at RDZ tonight (the greatest manager we've ever had i must add).

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Another balls up at the back gifts the opposition a goal. It worked last season because we broke with speed and were direct but its not working this season. Even when we get towards the opponents penalty box we usually turn back on ourselves and play the ball back to the halfway line allowing them to regroup.

For all our possession this half Palace have had the better scoring chances !

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Watching this Brighton team this season feels at times like watching early Poyet teams. We clearly WANT to play it around at the back, and we do a lot. But there just isn't the ability there from players like Gilmour, Baleba, Dahoud to show for it, recieve it, turn & pick a pass at this level before being closed down. So we spend a lot of time recycling it with little purpose, energy or thought as to what doing so might achieve. I'm afraid we've spent a lot of time doing just that in this match, and been punished for it.
Yes, this.

We’re trying to play football that’s a notch up from last season with a far weaker side.

Bloom has to give RDZ the three or four players he wants.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
If players aren’t prepared to boot it out of play or upfield it’s because they are scared of a bollocking. If this was Potter we would be slaughtering him for this run of form and the same mistakes over and over. RDZ needs a kick up the ass .

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The relentless conceding of goals, especially first.

Is it the players fault or RDZ? I lean towards the latter, with his high stakes football being based on outgunning the opposition ultimately. Problem is, this season in the PL we’re not a well oiled destroyer of the other 19 teams, far from it.

I wish the strategy was a bit more conservative, less dogmatic and pragmatic at times. Just a personal view.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Ffs. We haven't had a feckin' peep out of those numpties up the road for fooking ages, but you can bet your bottom dollar if we don't get back into this game...
giphy.gif

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Frankly, I feel bloody sick. This is dog turds and I’ve the in-laws coming over tomorrow. Christmas could be blown out of the water before it even starts.

:mad:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Can we merge them into one keeper? Steele’s passing and Verbruggen’s shot stopping?
There have been a few shots where you think Bart *may* have saved them but Bart has cost us 4 definite goals playing it out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here