Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Good point especially as having to come from 1-0 down really soft penalty to give away loads and loads of Brighton possession with little direct end result, Lalarna looked best player on the pitch his ability to tread a ball through a group of players is only matched by our ability to not then hit it first time instead constantly over play it, pleased for MaC Argi hit it early and look what happens, Dunk not sure why he threw himself two footed will miss him for the next three games

phoenix

May 18, 2009
We have won 1 at home and won 2 away in 2020, so when are likely to get a point at Liverpool, Man Utd or Man City get real,

last season we lost away to all three and I for one can't see that changing. :shrug:

:cool:

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I think we are trying to control and keep possession to far up the pitch, it leads to overcrowding and overcomplicated play within the congested part of the pitch with little opportunity to create chances. It was easy for palace for much of the game.
A couple of times lallana was running between the palace lines and it created space and obviously the goal came from a loose ball that MacAlister could drive on to.
I think wellbeck could help stretch things for us and his movement will be a benefit, however I can't help but think we need to try to keep the ball further from the defence and utilise space more further forward...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure about the white shorts with the yellow
Shame we didn’t go all yellow that would have taken me back

I have no idea why we weren't wearing blue shorts. Premier League rules don't prohibit short colour clash.

In fact, this was Everton at Selhurst a few weeks' back....

everton.jpg

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
From BBS - Since Opta began recording shot data in the Premier League in 2003-04, Crystal Palace are the first team to have had just one shot in a match in the competition and for that shot be a penalty.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I see the same old Albion haters are back out again :moo:

I think you mean clueless *****, but i couldn't think or a actual word without swearing.

The word begins with C and ends with T and there is a un in the middle.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
How many have we lost out of how may we have played ?

Today i wanted a point. We got that. We normally average around 10 away points a season. We have 4 already. We are picking up points against the teams we need to.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
From BBS - Since Opta began recording shot data in the Premier League in 2003-04, Crystal Palace are the first team to have had just one shot in a match in the competition and for that shot be a penalty.

You’re not helping with that stat when we could only draw, 90th min equaliser too! :cheers:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Imagine having to watch the “football” served up by palace every week. They are terrible, so negative. I hope they go down this time, they’re an embarrassment to the Premier league.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Today i wanted a point. We got that. We normally average around 10 away points a season. We have 4 already. We are picking up points against the teams we need to.

Thanks Spence for common sense, I shall always give you my 100% you are a good lad!

Fish ok? :thumbsup: Relaxed? Hope so.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It was very soft, but when you put both hands on an opponents shoulders, you’re asking for trouble.
VAR didn’t think it was a clear and obvious mistake, so there you go .

Saying that 'VAR' didn't see a clear and obvious mistake makes it sound like there was some kind of refereeing super-computer making watertight decisions. Consider how much water your argument would hold if phrased with more accurate: 'Kevin Friend' didn't see a clear and obvious error.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I said assuming we stay up. Yep 100% stick by that. They occasionally have a game where they play and it can be more affective against top 6 sides than trying to play them man for man - but yes it’s absolutely shocking football. Same goes for Burnley.

Sorry, didn’t read the assuming we stay up caveat. Yes, me too. What concerns me though is the too good to go down belief that a more attractive football style brings. Already seen it this season and last, this boards full of ‘but if we play like that against XYZ next time’ type comments when football rarely pans out that way. And I’d certainly prefer us to play like Palace at Old Trafford, Anfield, Eithaid and actually get a point or even three like they do than return empty handed again and again. Besides, our brand was shocking as well as being ineffective for 2, arguably 3, out of 4 seasons in the PL so far. Palace are nowhere near as bad as we like to make them out to be and at this level we’re so far behind them in the achievement stakes it’s slightly embarrassing.

But then rivalry is always greater in the eyes of the club with the smaller success. It’s true!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’d like to hang my hat on “I’m having a wankfest over Potters’s style of football”

I was pissed off at half time that we were so ineffective after the penalty but we showed character and continued to dominate possession, getting the luck we deserved in the 90th minute. I have always said that I follow Albion to be entertained and for most matches I am very entertained. I am fecking loving a Graham Potter led Albion.

I’ll hold my hand up and admit I’ve probably posted about the points being all that matters before - prob in CH reign. On the other hand I remember being embarrassed with us holding out for 88 mins at spurs a few seasons ago with anti football tactics but also saying it on here. So a little contradictory but I’m in your camp too. Not a football snob but more snobby than I was! I just want the Albion to win - but my point is **** playing like palace all season. I’d ra her stay up and play good football like last season. Yes we’re a bit of a rough diamond and need to be more clinical and have room for improvement but we’re a top half prem side in terms of football style now imo. That is absolutely class.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It was very soft, but when you put both hands on an opponents shoulders, you’re asking for trouble.
VAR didn’t think it was a clear and obvious mistake, so there you go .

So Burn being hugged at a corner isn't a penalty then? Shut up

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Our luck will turn again .We were one of the teams that benefited the most from Var last year.
Including that pen v Everton that has to be even worse than the one given to Palace today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here