Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Years gone by I would of been buzzing for this, in London by lunchtime on the beers all afternoon. Despite no major trouble for years the bedwetting by both clubs & the OB has destroyed this fixture.TV for me tonight.

I have to agree it was the policing that ruined it for me last time I went. That, er, and the result (clue: our manager at the time had just undergone successful treatment with penicillin), obvs :facepalm:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
If Mr Tumble’s in good form he could cause us some damage. As a natural pessimist I fear it might be Pal-arse’s night, but who knows?

Up the Albion!!!

:albion2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just hope we turn up for this, if we do we can beat them given recent away form

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Surprised to see quite a few expecting Palace to beat us.

Pretty evenly matched I'd say . Connolly fit would be a massive boost.

Think we can win this. Couple of early goals and run them ragged

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Just hope we turn up for this, if we do we can beat them given recent away form

Agree. If we play like we have been playing over the last few games there is every reason to be confident. The nightmare is that we just have one of those inexplicably flat games where we can't do any of the things we normally do.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
If we play as we did at Liverpool and Arsenal we'll be ok. If we play as we did at Man U we won't. I am a bit concerned about Stephens being out and probably having to put Mooy in the middle when he has been outstanding a bit wider.

We need to start well and keep the crowd quiet.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I am a bit concerned about Stephens being out and probably having to put Mooy in the middle when he has been outstanding a bit wider.

Me too, Stephens is integral to how we play this season, was MOM against Wolves for me. It's not the game to be going with an enforced reshuffle in midfield, but needs must. Still hoping for a win of course but would happily settle for a draw.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm generally a negative person when it comes to predicting a good result, and tonight is no different.

Yes, we have a strong squad and can win.

But there's something telling me we'll have an early disaster (red card/quick fire double from Palace) and a trip back with nil points.

Hope those that go enjoy it and get the team over the line!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Probably the most evenly matched game, since the playoffs.
I worry that our new style will play into their hands.
I think we will need to be defensively stronger to triumph in this one.

I would take a draw ( but I always say that for this fixture)

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Worried about our right-back, whichever one plays there, facing Mr Tumble. Maybe 5 at the back is the way to go. Still think we'll take this though, 1-2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here